Email from Printmojo

If you have any Joomla! shop related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.
tafkar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Email from Printmojo

Post by tafkar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:15 pm

I ordered a bag and cap over a week ago and today received an email from printmojo saying:

"This email is in regards to your recent purchase through Open Source Matters, Inc. I wanted to inform you that there has been an error in the shipping cost previously estimated for your order. Although your shipment was weighed at 2.9 lbs for a total of $11.55 for shipping expenses, the actual cost of the shipping was $20.25. This was an error in our system and I am sorry for the confusion. It would be greatly appreciated if the difference of $ 8.50 could be met. If you would like to calculate an estimated shipping price, for your reference, you can do that on the United States Postal Service website at https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do.

In order to charge for the additional shipping cost I would need to retrieve your credit card information again, as we are not able to store that information and make additional charges to credit cards. This is for your security. I would need to get that information again from you. You could email it to me at the address listed below. If you are uncomfortable emailing this information you can call me on our direct line and I can take the information for you over the phone. You will recieve email verification that the payment has been made for shipping expenses.

Again, this would be greatly appreciated. If you are not willing to make this payment please contact me so I can process your order, regardless, and get your item(s) shipped to you. This is our mistake and you are not required to make this payment before recieving your order. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Your response would be greatly appreciated."

Given that they got my cash immediately and said they'd sent the items I thought it was finished. mAYBE I am just whinging,  but asking me to email my credit card details? I don't think so. Me ring them internationally to fix their mistake? Dunno about that one. Does that mean the email they sent me a week ago saying that it has shipped wasn't the case? I've seen some shoddy and clumsy customer service in my time but this is a ripper.

tafkar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Email from Printmojo

Post by tafkar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:19 pm

Update from http://www.printmojo.com:

Order not shipped.

Not impressed at all.

>:(  >:(  >:(

ot2sen
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ot2sen » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:40 am

Hi tafkar,

Fully understand your concerns about this. (I received similar mail today).
Will ask the Shop admin to look into this.
Ole Bang Ottosen
Dansk frivillig Joomla! support websted - joomla.dk
OpenTranslators Core Team opentranslators.org

tafkar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tafkar » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:43 am

Just got an email from printmojo.

"The delay was due to a scripting error. Your order was just sitting in limbo after the API lost communication with USPS. All is fixed and working fine now. Many apologies!  Jamie / PrintMojo.com"

So that means that there has been two errors. One undercharging me on postage and another error in their "API".

Oh well, i've paid up the difference and hope some money goes through to the foundation.

Still not the happiest on-line retail experience i've had, but with any luck it can be sorted out so others don't have the same problems in the future.

Now let's see how long it takes to get to Australia!

Levis
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Levis » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi,

I finally got the answer I hoped getting from PrintMojo. 

To the clients that received the email asking for more money.  I asked PrintMojo if they could send you an email back to stop the request and to apologize.  They agreed and are suppose to do so.  They will also refund those that paid the extra money.
Cheers,
Levis Bisson

whitejohn29
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by whitejohn29 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:59 am

It is a strange situation at first you received a letter asking for more money, then they say that it was “a scripting error”. So what was the problem?
John, My web site is geocitis.com/whitejohn29/

Levis
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Levis » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:35 pm

Printmojo did send a apology to those few clients and everything got solved. Printmojo took a lost on a few sales in regard of shipping cost. So everything went back to normal pretty quick and the details behind it are history.

Sorry to cut the conversation short on this topic.
Cheers,
Levis Bisson

tafkar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tafkar » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:11 am

Printmojo and the foundation resolved this issue entirely to my satisafction.

And the laptop bag is still going strong!

Return to “Shop.Joomla.org”