Joomla and osCommerce Bridge v1.0.4

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
t3.6k
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joomla and osCommerce Bridge v1.0.4

Post by t3.6k » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:22 pm

Have made some needed changes to the osCommerce Bridge , the component didn't change but we made some changes to the jos_index.php file to handle the osCommerce sessions better.  Also, made some changes to the installation instructions to cover some omitted steps.  Get more info here:

Thanks the npereira for the help and suggestions, really appreciate the patience and the feedback.  I encourage anyone else that may be trying to use this and having problems to drop me a PM or post here so we can continue to imporve on this.
Last edited by t3.6k on Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers - T3.6K

boaz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla and osCommerce Bridge v1.0.2

Post by boaz » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:43 am

Hi t,
can hardly wait to have a crack at this....  :D

I'd love to be able to contrib to improving your scripts!!!  :P

just too busy at the mo...  :(

boaz  :)

t3.6k
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by t3.6k » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:37 pm

boaz -

We have formalized this into an actual project osCommerce Brdige Project so if you have input, or want to participate with the project we are now on Joomla! Developer and getting the project setup and ready to go.

Anybody else interested on helping to develop, test, and imporve the integration between Joomla and osCommerce bridge, come on over and visit the project and drop us a line.
Cheers - T3.6K

mohpa

Post by mohpa » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:52 pm

Great and very usefull component. Until the discussion area on dev opens, I'll post here.

Here is what I get when I click Continue after filling out the registration form:

1146 - Table 'oscommerce.jos_users' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM jos_users WHERE username = 'jdoe'
???

As a sql illiterate, I would like to request some help on this.

Also, considering the readme:

Step 5.1 "This link will use the wrapper that you configured to open the store."
Unclear as to what this pertains to.

t3.6k
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by t3.6k » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:32 pm

Discussion boards in Joomla Developer are open.

does your joomla install use jos_ prefix and are the tables in the same database for both Joomla and osCommerce?

I will clarify 5.1 in the installation instructions.

Thanks for the feedback.
Cheers - T3.6K

mohpa

Post by mohpa » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:40 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. I continued the inquiry on the dev help forum.

t3.6k
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Joomla and osCommerce Bridge v1.0.4

Post by t3.6k » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:55 am

osCommerce Bridge v1.0.4

Full maintenance release for those users that want to:
  • run osCommerce outside of a wrapper, if you are running inside a wrapper you don't need this version
  • want to have long files inside the wrapper that go to the top of the page when links are clicked inside the wrapper
if you want it check it out:

http://www.seismicos.com/content/view/59/36/

Also available at Joomla! Developer - osCommerce Bridge Project

###Edit - modified for v1.0.4 release
Last edited by t3.6k on Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers - T3.6K

t3.6k
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Demo Site Launched

Post by t3.6k » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:55 pm

per many requests (yeah I finally got it done beleive it or not) we have launched a demo site to show Joomla! and osCommerce integration - see:

http://www.seismicos.com/content/view/61/41/
Cheers - T3.6K

silentz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by silentz » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:27 pm

Looks awesome. Any ideas on whether this would conflict with the Joomla-SMF forums bridge? I'd desperately love to get all three working together, but am wondering if the fact that that bridge takes over the standard Joomla login module would cause problems...

Also wondering what happens if someone who had an account before this mod was installed then goes and tries to log in in osCommerce?

Cheers!
Howdy!

boaz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by boaz » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:39 pm

fränzchen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by fränzchen » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:00 pm

Hi,

just looked on the demo side and tried to create an user account:

Result:
Warning: main(includes/languages/german/jos_create_account.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/3/p/t3pt6k/html/demo/oscommerce/jos_create_account.php on line 16

Warning: main(includes/languages/german/jos_create_account.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/3/p/t3pt6k/html/demo/oscommerce/jos_create_account.php on line 16

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/german/jos_create_account.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/t/3/p/t3pt6k/html/demo/oscommerce/jos_create_account.php on line 16
Another prob:

&nbspForum  &nbspTopics  &nbspReplies  &nbspLast Post

I didn't found "bug report" in the sites forum, so I just post it here.

Greetings
Fränzchen
"Perhaps a dude, but always polite"

t3.6k
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by t3.6k » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:34 pm

franzchen,

sorry about that I only had the english done for the demo site - I have fixed both German and Spanish the only thing I don't have done are the translations for 'username' and for the error "username already exists - please try again" for german or spanish.

I added a bug report, thanks for the idea, to the site forums and there is also a bug tracker in the Joomla! Developer project osCommerce Brdige Project

Thanks very much for taking the time to let me know about these.
Cheers - T3.6K

fränzchen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by fränzchen » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:21 pm

Hi t3.6k,
Thanks very much for taking the time to let me know about these.
Thanks very much for your polite answer! I nearly was to shy* to post it, so I'm glad I did  :)
And thanks for your work! As I'm interested in later implementing an eShop, you surely have my sympathy and as far as I went in it looks great. So in the next days, I'll try it a lil bit an give feedback.

Greetings
Fränzchen

*your looking quite big and angry on your avatar  ;)

t3.6k
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by t3.6k » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:38 pm

:laugh: don't be intimidated - I'm really a nice guy  :-[
Cheers - T3.6K

fränzchen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by fränzchen » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:08 pm

t3.6k wrote: :laugh: don't be intimidated - I'm really a nice guy  :-[
And obviously one with humor (puuh!)  :D

aurorax
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aurorax » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:08 am

how an install joomla+vbridge 1.22+Josbridge 1.0.4 ? my install joomla +vbridge to succeed,an install josbridge,login in joomla,vbb forum not login,why?

t3.6k
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by t3.6k » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:43 pm

never tried to integrate osC Bridge in conjunction with vbridge, and have never installed or played with the vbridge so I have no working knowledge of that solution.  I'll have to do some exploring to be able to intelligently answer the question - but I will try to figure it out.
Cheers - T3.6K

stace
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by stace » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:39 pm

Hi guys your bridge looks very promising. I don't really care that much about running the osc site in a wrapper - but I'm very interested in the ability to share users. I'm using a modified version of OSC (creloaded 6.15, with Fast Easy Checkout mod installed)  - this Fast Easy Checkout really is the way to go - takes away the need to click to another screen (the 3 options screen w/ - login, register, or pwa is eliminated completely) - it also combines shipping and payment in 1 page - therefor eliminating at least 2 steps and a lot of abandoned shopping carts.

Just from glancing at the forum I get the feeling I can't install the bridge w/ my heavily modified version.  Is there a way for me to integrate logins or user tables?  I'm ok w/ php and mysql coding - certainly no expert but can manage most modifications ok.

t3.6k
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by t3.6k » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:15 pm

stace,

I'd look at the jos_create_account.php and jos_index.php to carry the modification over to your install, other than that everything else should work fine.  The bridge will work inside or outside of the wrapper - there are just some config differences betwen the two - please check the install instructions and the osCommerce Bridge Project for details.

If you need any help just let us know, good luck.
Cheers - T3.6K

stace
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by stace » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:35 pm

thanks for the speedy reply! I'm doing a lot of mods to my OSC - and would be happy to share those w/ anybody interested. CRE Loaded 6.15 is pretty darn smooth - especially w/ the new checkout - I've also customized the Active Desktop as an order manager (I don't use it as a desktop just via an online link) - which I'll be adding a lot of new functions to - I can upload that to your mods section for anybody interested.

Here is how my orders are displayed - via a wrapper in Joomla - could be helpful for some! (I hacked the mysql query to get CC number, exp date, shipping method, and order total - none of which were in the original version) - it's just 2 files - 1 for admin, 1 for languages. Talk about an easy mod!  Orders show up twice when there's a shipping value - that's a pain but the info is contained in the same field of same table - so was impossible to avoid. These are just test orders w/ bogus cards below.  I use the OSC Order Integrator found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/orderintegrator to download orders for quick shipping. Endicia makes life way easier - for just $16 a month. Being doing this for 5 years and can't live w/out it  8)

I'll be working on using your bridge today - thanks for the great contribution - OSC is a great shop script, and Joomla integration is a vital project.

adam_j_bradley
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adam_j_bradley » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:34 am

Just about to jump into testing this myself - its been a while since I've touched my osCommerce shop - in fact I'm still working with tep_snapshot-20030405.  Really must upgrade!

Thanks for this great contribution and now I wish I hadn't hacked osCommerce quite so much, going to be a fair amount of work to customize...

Adam

t3.6k
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by t3.6k » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:27 pm

I hear that Adam, I just got done going through a old hacked *ambo (4.5 1.0.9) site and finally upgraded to Joomla 1.0.3 - luckily I had commented all my hacks the same way (something like this (// ###HACK###) so I was able to generate a list of things I had hacked in the old version - and was able to apply those hacks to Joomla - atleast the ones that still applied.

My only adivce is to take your time and really work your way through all the hacks you made to osCommerce, and the stuff you miss your customers will more than likely let you know  :D
Cheers - T3.6K

silentz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by silentz » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:36 am

Hey there T3.6k!

Still really keen to try 1.04 with our Joomla 1.04 bridged to SMF 1.1 RC2 and heavily modded oSc 2.2. I'm still wondering:

1. If the fact that the SMF bridge gets registration happening through an alternate login component would throw Bridge 1.04 out and

2. How it will / does handle osc having an SSL? Currently a standard wrapped oSc changes over to the secure server on log in, but because of the non secure items outside of the wrapper customers get a message that "although this page is through an ssl connection that parts are unencrypted and may be read by a thrid party". Not sure if the osc bridge gets around this.

3. Whether any allowence can be made for the bridge to handle where users who are registered in Joomla but not in oScommerce? Ideally they would be taken to an "add informatoin to your account page" (ie hacked oSc registration page) that just asked for the info that oSc didn't have yet (IE everything but Joomla username, email and password). We have a database with many Joomla users already and want to bridge to our pre existing oSc. Just not sure what would happen in the bridge when our Joomla users who'd never given an address etc went to check out.

If you think that neither of these two challenges are likely to screw things up we're keen to try as we're just switching hosts, and so have more of an opportunity to beta test options on the new server at the moment.

Cheers
Last edited by silentz on Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howdy!

gyakutsuki
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gyakutsuki » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:24 pm

It's my first post, I am interested by this discussion and follow the development.

PrettyWolfie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 1.08 & osCommerce Bridge v1.0.4

Post by PrettyWolfie » Wed May 24, 2006 7:24 am

Hellous... I installed the osCommerce bridge thingie...  ;) Everything works fine... Except (of course, there is always an "except...)  :-\ ... for the double login. To use the store you have to login again. It is a pain! Of course I could just create a box with register and login buttons, but why?  :'( oh, why do I have to do it?
Last edited by PrettyWolfie on Wed May 24, 2006 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

webdevelopex
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by webdevelopex » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:47 am

hi there,

i had followed the instruction from this installation guilde http://www.seismicos.com/content/view/48/41/

everything seem works fine! i can click on the register and show the jos_create_account.php from osCommerce.
after i've done the registration. i can use the same username and password to login Joomla, it works :)
...however, when i click on osCommerce wrapper. it still appears as a guest. meaning that i have to relogin and using email address for osCommerce :(

i have a few questions to ask.

1.i'm using Joomla-1.0.9 and osCommerce 2.2, Bridge v1.0.4
will this cause conflict? that's why the problem occurs?

2. i checked the hash_lookup table. i found that it was empty. Suppose it has an Osc_Id after login, but it was nothing. I guess the OsCommerce jos_index.php is using this ID to check the login status from Joomla. it has nothing, that's why i could not login OsCommerce after login joomla. I guess it is the main issue.

anyone here can help me resolve my question above? thanks

mambo dancer
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mambo dancer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:36 am

I have tried to set it up. But I am using Community builder rc2.  Login does not seem to work. It still uses the CB login.

Can I still use the community builder create account and does it work with community builder?

jimmshepard
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jimmshepard » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:24 pm

I'm having the same problem... Install went fine, create account works fine, login to Joomla works fine but must re-login to osCommerce...

Any direction to point me to look in?

matthewmayhem
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by matthewmayhem » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:50 am

so is this bridge really ready for a production site?

jjandrorrt
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jjandrorrt » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:27 pm

Helo!

I´m working in a site with Joomla and Oscommerce, furthermore I use JoomFish.
The problem is that when I change the idiom in Joomla it don´t changes in the part of Oscommerce. I have tried to put a variable in $SESSION but the values of $SESSION in Joomla aren´t the same values of $SESSION in Oscommerce that is to say the session in Joomla is destroyed before the call of Oscommerce. I have tried to put de value in $GET and $POST, I have locked for the invocation of session_destroy() but only is called when expire the time of the conexion or when the user makes logout.

What can I do?

I´m sorry for my inglish.

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”