Joomla Customer Portal

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
eheimer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Customer Portal

Post by eheimer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:21 pm

Greetings Joomla community.  While I'm a noob to the forum, I'm not necessarily new to Joomla.  I've developed several sites in Joomla 1.0 and am working on one now in 1.5RC1.

I'm looking for a component, or some combination of components that will give me the functionality described below.  Please don't recommend CB unless there really is no other way to do this.  I'm looking for something light-weight.

I have a website for my web design business that I'm converting to Joomla with the hopes of being able to add some new cool functionality.  I want to provide a portal to my customers with both general "subscriber content", but also some content specific to individual customers. 

The general "subscriber content" is easy to do with joomla out-of-the-box.  I can make content and an associated menu that are only available to "registered" users. 

The other piece of it is tricky (I think).  I want to enable customers to view the status of their account (outstanding balance, progress of their development projects, etc) and some content that is largely going to be unique to each customer (distinct content pages that are only accessible to individual users).  Down the road I would like to be able to take payments and apply them directly to the users account balance, though for now this will be done manually.

The last important criteria (probably obvious) is that all users and their user-specific content must be completely hidden from each other.

Someone please tell me I can do this with Joomla.

Woof
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla Customer Portal

Post by Woof » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:17 pm

I too am interested in something like this. Specifically, content that is user specific and visible only to that user.

conorweb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by conorweb » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:54 pm

The feature "Customer Specific Content" is very missed by all Joomla! communities, since Joomla! exists. We could name it "User Specific Content" as this kind of feature is a "must" of all websites dealing with customers.
--------whatever-------------------

conorweb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by conorweb » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Maybe, we as a community, could pledge joomla.org to build this option in this year's Joomla! 1.6 version! This would be a major achievement!
--------whatever-------------------

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”