The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:39 pm 
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Is there a way to toggle off the "Edit" function when logged in as a user who can edit content?
The current template I am using and its corresponding CSS used makes the live site editor quite ugly and unreadable.
I will have my editors use the admin site instead until I can get the editor code to display correctly.

Doesn't look to be an option in global config.

Last edited by exrace on Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:36 pm 
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Not without editing the code somewhere I would think, no option in the admin backend for that currently.

--Slixter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:59 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

exrace wrote:
Is there a way to toggle off the "Edit" function when logged in as a user who can edit content?
The current template I am using and its corresponding CSS used makes the live site editor quite ugly and unreadable.
I will have my editors use the admin site instead until I can get the editor code to display correctly.

Doesn't look to be an option in global config.

I'm quite familiar with this problem having dealt with it recently. It is going to require access to the files on the server and a little editing PHP editing if you feel up to it.

The first thing to do is go to the /templates/yourtemplate/css directory and copy the template.css file;

cp template_css.css editor_template_css.css

I'm going to assume you're using Tinymce or area3xtd as your editor. The technique is the same for both.

If you're using tinmce go to /mambots/editors and open tinymce.php with vi. You'll find a line that looks like this:

$content_css    = 'content_css : "'. $mosConfig_live_site .'/templates/'. $template .'/css/template_css.css"';

Change it to this:

$content_css    = 'content_css : "'. $mosConfig_live_site .'/templates/'. $template .'/css/editor_template_css.css"';

Now go edit the editor_template_css.css for the color scheme that makes the editor usable.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:36 pm 
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Thanks!
I will give this a try and post back with my results.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:48 pm 
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

It looks youre in the way to fix the main problem, anyway if still need to disable frontend edition then you can edit the file "includes/gacl.class.php" commenting some or all the following lines:

Code:
      // actions
      $this->_mos_add_acl( 'action', 'add', 'users', 'author', 'content', 'all' );
      $this->_mos_add_acl( 'action', 'add', 'users', 'editor', 'content', 'all' );
      $this->_mos_add_acl( 'action', 'add', 'users', 'publisher', 'content', 'all' );
      $this->_mos_add_acl( 'action', 'edit', 'users', 'author', 'content', 'own' );
      $this->_mos_add_acl( 'action', 'edit', 'users', 'editor', 'content', 'all' );
      $this->_mos_add_acl( 'action', 'edit', 'users', 'publisher', 'content', 'all' );
      $this->_mos_add_acl( 'action', 'publish', 'users', 'publisher', 'content', 'all' );

Once you fix the main problem then you can remove the added comments and get it back to original.