You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lonrot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by lonrot » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:47 am

Code: Select all

Forbidden

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 
Apache/1.3.37 Server at ps3.cultureofgaming.com Port 80
Suddenly this message appeared when I tried to browse my site this morning, I can't access the main site, neither the administration.

Everything was in order last time I checked the site, from this point of view I'm unable to know the source of the problem.
Last edited by lonrot on Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wizzie
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Post by Wizzie » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:25 am

Did you recently turn on SEO/SEF Search Engine Friendly URLs in the Joomla! Admin or install an SEF extension?

You might want to try Joomla Diagnostics http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... ,99999999/,  it is a really useful tool to check that all of the files have been correctly uploaded http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,53052.0.html
Last edited by Wizzie on Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

lonrot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by lonrot » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:07 pm

Thanks Wizzie I uploaded the diagnostic tool, but the following messange will appear, it's exactly the same error.

Code: Select all

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /diagnostics.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at ps3.cultureofgaming.com Port 80
Oh and I haven't installed installed SEO/SEF packages neither extensions from these.

Best regards

Wizzie
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by Wizzie » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:01 am

It sounds more like a problem relating to server permissions or ownership. Are you on your own server or a shared environment? Have you or your hosting provider made any changes or done any upgrades recently? You might also want to check or get your hosting provider to check the sub-domain config.

lonrot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by lonrot » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:46 pm

Wizzie, I contacted the support team of my hosting provider, they told me that the .htaccess messed up and they fixed the problem. No wonder what caused the issue.

Take care.

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”