After several weeks of effort, it is my pleasure to provide this update to *ambo Gallery Manager, originally written and released by Marco Antonio Regueira. The goals of this effort have been to resolve the current compatibility issues, resolve any outstanding bugs, get the zip file up-loader working and provide an updated package installer.
This release is available for download from this address:http://developer.joomla.org/sf/frs/do/v ... anager/frsEdited 04 November 2005:
Example galleries may be viewed at this address:http://www.macinhouse.com/mgm/
I would welcome feedback from anyone who installs this release and will strive to resolve any further bugs that may be discovered. Before reporting problems, please be sure to double check _all_ of your configuration settings. Start with your Joomla! configuration, ownership & permissions of the various files & directories followed by the configuration of your hosting environment. These would include the host's settings for Apache, MySQL and PHP. When reporting problems, please provide as much detail as possible.
Requests for new gallery templates will be considered, however, I am not a graphic designer. If a concept mock-up is submitted along with color preferences in hex values and other pertinent details, I should be able to code a template to suit. Getting the Orange Box template working was a real challenge. As I have never seen this template work before, I would be interested if anyone has a screen capture from Marco's now missing site.
- It is only necessary to install MGM Joomla! Gallery Manager as a Component, the
Mambot installation is handled automatically. The same applies when uninstalling MGM.
- While the uninstaller no longer deletes galleries from the database, templates _are_
deleted. This behavior enables one to recover from a failed template editing attempt by
simply uninstalling and reinstalling MGM. Things are back to normal in minutes.
- Mac users: If you do not have Stuffit Standard with DropZip, please download
CleanArchiver. Just drag a folder of images onto the application icon and it
will make a zip file ready for upload. CleanArchiver is available from Macupdate: http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/17207
To answer the question about future support for
Stuffit uploads, the answer is "No." Stuffit uses proprietary algorithms that are not Open Source.
Below is a list of additional details that also appear in the Readme.txt file included with the package:
16 October 2005 Jon Tebbs
This is a compatibility release for Joomla! 1.0 that should work with *ambo 4.5.2
and as such, should clear the path for users of MGM 0.95 to upgrade their CMS.
As always, make backups before installing any new software.
- New: MGM has been updated for compatibility with and re-branded for Joomla! 1.0.
- New: All templates now output valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional code.
- New: All templates now display gallery titles and image descriptions.
- New: All templates now display centered images and descriptions.
- New: Uninstaller no longer deletes galleries from database.
- Fixed: Installer now places com_mgm under /administrator/components.
- Fixed: Mambot is now automatically installed in /mambots.
- Fixed: Install script now correctly inserts data into MySQL.
- Fixed: Zip file up-loader is now functional.
- Fixed: Unpublished galleries no longer show in content.
- Fixed: Diagnostics page no longer opens a new window.
- Fixed: Resolved all PHP Notices, Warnings and Errors.
- Fixed: Orange Box template is now functional.
- Changed: - Diagnostics has been removed from the Gallery Manager page.
- Changed: + Detailed Help has been added to the Gallery Manager page.
***** IMPORTANT!! Because Open Source Matters, backwards compatibility
with *ambo452 has NOT been verified!! *****
***** IMPORTANT!! Because of path changes in *ambo452 and Joomla!, this
release is NOT compatible with *ambo451!! *****
Thanks and enjoy,