In case you don't know yet, here is an issue of Tectonic (below) with the announcement of the First Joomla Day South Africa, which we have been awarded the rights to arrange and steward, for the next year, with options on the following year.
What this means is that you should be seeing Joomla! Day South Africa events across Southern Africa.Update
We have registered the domain http://www.joomladay.co.za
, and there is now a Joomla site up and running (thanks to Mat at http://www.Raramuridesign.co.za
Should you be interested in partnering with us to host a Joomla!Day event in your City / Town, please contact us with your expression of interest.
There is always some room for a sponsor or two, who want to promote Joomla! related products or services on the day.
Presenters are also welcome to suggest topics of interest that they would like to present, so do let us know if you are keen to present a topic.
We are also open to requests for topics that you need to know more about, so do suggest a topic that you would like to hear about from a Joomla! expert.
Joomla! is set to explode in Southern Africa and beyond...
---------------------------- Tectonic article ---------------------------------------First South African Joomla! Day
By Staff Writer
21 May, 2007
For the first time in South Africa all those who are in some way involved with Joomla! will get together to share ideas and experiences with the open source content management system. The day aims at allowing all Cape Town Joomla! users, designers, developers, administrators, trainers, webhosts and other related service providers to meet and talk Joomla!Venue
The event will take place at Cape Town's Bandwidth Barn (125 Buitengracht Street, see map
) on June 16 from 9am to 4pm.
Topics to be presented:
1. JCE Editor
- meet Ryan, the author, also representing the Joomla Team
2. Site and server security – hosting and administration considerations by Hetzner
3. Site planning and design for usability and functionality by Matthew of Raramuri Design
4. Template tutorials – how to design & develop Joomla! powered sites by Brendon of Brilliant Web
5. Joomla! SA Portal
/ Joomla SA User Group
/ Joomla Referrals / Joomla Training & Support
6. Open discussion about participants' Joomla! experiences
- What and who is ISOC?
– Learning Management System – the guest application slot by AOSIS
- payment gateway for South African clients
10. Joomla multimedia tutorials - [url=http://www.Small-Business-Hub.co.za]Small Business Hub
The organisers hope that this will be the first of many across the country as Southern Africans discover Joomla!.Event Cost
The event is practically free (R100 pp), and seating is limited to 40 attendees, so communication should be great.Register online
, or email [email protected]
for more information and to book a seat.Joomla Training
There will also be a commercial Joomla! Training Courses
on the afternoons of Thur 14th and Fri 15th of June, and the whole day on Monday 18th, for those who want to learn how to manage and/or develop websites using Joomla!.Contact Details
The organisers can be contacted on the following numbers:Slingshot
: 084-704-9614 / 082-5777-340Raramuridesign
Thanks to the following Sponsors who have made this day possible;MyGate
- MyGate is a registered Payment Service Provider (PSP) offering leading payment gateway services enabling merchants to authorize, settle and manage credit card and debit card transactions from a website, wide area network or MOTO environment. Vanilla
- Vanilla provides simple, affordable internet services for the people of South Africa. We have been doing this since 1996 - you can trust us to get it right. Vanilla connects you to the internet through Verizon Business, one of South Africa's fastest and most reliable networks, used by many major companies.
Joomla! Day South Africa - Cape Town : 16 June 2007