The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:57 pm 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

I am using JCE on most of my sites.  I have used JCE editor to insert a swf file on one of my sites (there is a button to insert media)...i have JCE on another site, and that button isn't there!  ??? ???  I can't figure out any way to insert a swf file.  I went to Tiny editor, and it has a button, but when i click it, it opens a BLANK box.  can someone please help!?

***ok, i figured out i had to install the media manager - and did , and can see the button  now...but when i click on it, it's blank, just like tiny was doing! ??  and when i look at the streaming media manager in the plugins it is Red - what does that mean?

thanks!

Last edited by ctf20 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:12 pm 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

I think it means you didn't pay the $20 membership fee for the new stealth-revenue version of JCE. Surprise! Welcome to open sores.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:54 am 
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

The 20$ membership is well worth it.
You get extended versions and all new features. Its one of the best 20$ Ive spent. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:02 am 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Didn't mean to imply that its not worth it or that the developer doesn't deserve to make $$ on the work involved, but the way they went about it leaves much to be desired. I spent about $100 worth of my time trying to figure out why what I thought was just a reinstall of JCE suddenly worked differently on my site and why a previously free plugin no longer worked. It felt like a bait and switch to me. If you want to charge for an upgrade, by all means go for it - just make it clear that that is what you are doing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:46 pm 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

is there any editor (free) that will let me insert a flash movie with just a click of a button, like i use to be able to do with JCE?

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:51 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Well..I've been using the powerfull (to me) another set of Joomla editor. It enables me to do almost anything that I could possibly do into my contents area and custom module. It does support embedding a SWF media and other media's too. Check out http://www.joomlafckeditor.com/ . A registration is required to be able to download the mambot. And it's came with a subscription plan. FREE subscription are one of it. Give it a try :)