Write some code to parse the CHANGELOG.php and present the information in
The CHANGELOG.php file distributed with Joomla! and maintained in the SVN
repository contains much useful information about what has changed in the
Joomla! codebase over time. We'd like you to make this even more useful by
making it easier for people to find what they're looking for. For example,
references to forum posts and JoomlaCode tracker items could be
automatically turned into hotlinks. If we like it we will integrate it into
the API reference site at http://api.joomla.org
Please see http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-joomla/issues/detail?id=43
- I've built a functioning prototype with all of the main features I was hoping to implement. It requires PHP 5.2 at present, let me know if you want it modified to suit 5.1 - there's a call to strtotime() that's changed it's return value in between, and I believe a couple of other incompatibilities.
Everything's working quite nicely, and I'm happy with how it's turned out, but I've got a couple of changes still to make on the URLs, plus anything else you want implemented.
Regarding the artefacts referenced in the changelog entries, could you explain to me where these actually point to? I tried forge.joomla.org but it errored out while trying to assert that it was running on joomlacode.org, and I couldn't find any items in the tracker of the same IDs as the artefacts referenced - actually, the tracker gave me an "Access Denied" message each time (I was logged in, but didn't have any special privelages).
Anyway, please let me know what you think of it, what needs to be changed, what could be improved etc. Don't worry about the colour scheme, it's just to demonstrate that the data can be effectively and easily styled, if you choose to use this on api.joomla.org we can change the colour scheme to fit in.
By the way, according to Elin (IRC discussion), Wilco Jansen has agreed to mentor me, I've emailed him about my task and my progress.
Task claimed: Nov 28 Due Dec 12Google Code
[me=AmyStephen]Changed subject slightly
for sorting all threads to match against Google resource