These instructions are designed to help you complete your task successfully.
1. Claim your task on the Joomla!'s Google Highly Open Participation Contest
page by adding "I claim this Task
" to the task comments.
2. Before beginning your task, wait
for one of the Joomla! mentors to respond to your claim with a comment in the Google task (ex. "Task claimed by PatSmith
."). We need to double check you have no other open tasks and that no one else has claimed the task.
3. Register on the Joomla! Forums
if you do not have an ID, already.
4. Read all of the Stickies
in the Google's Highly Open Participation Contest Board
. (Stickies are the threads located in the top part of the forum board.)
5. Create a new forum thread in the Google's Highly Open Participation Contest Board
using the # and name of your claimed task as the title of your thread (ex. 011 - Create a module listing a random set of articles excluding frontpage articles
6. Introduce yourself and share the description of your task. If you want specific help, indicate what would be helpful.
7. Members of the community will introduce themselves and provide you with guidance needed to complete the task assigned. The forum interaction is a necessary part of completing your task. Communication is a key aspect of an open source community and the forums are the focal point of that communication in Joomla!. Consider this feedback when working on your task. Ask for clarification, if needed.
8. When you believe you are done with your task, share your work in the Joomla! forums, first
, and call for a final review with a forum post in your task thread. Set the message icon for the first post to an Exclamation point
9. A Joomla! GHOP mentor will indicate the task is under review by posting in your Joomla! forum thread.
10. At this point, the community is still
encouraged to provide feedback that you can consider for improving your task. If you want time to add improvements, indicate a final review is not needed yet.
11. After time needed for review, the Joomla! contest judges will either a) accept your task; or, b) indicate what is needed before it can be accepted as complete, by posting in the Joomla! forum thread for your task. If the task is complete, the message icon will be changed to Solved
12. After your task has been accepted as complete
in the Joomla! forums, upload your work to the Google site.
13. When your work has been posted at Google, the Joomla! contest judges will update the status of your task as complete at Google.
14. After your task has been marked complete at Google, you are then
eligible to select another task (provided you have not reached the maximum.)
Thanks for your participation and for your patience as we all learn together how to build a successful program!
[me=AmyStephen]Change "I claim this task." to "I claim this Task" as per annerajb's correct advice.