this is my 2nd task.
Create a new Joomla! v 1.5 website for a not-for-profit organization. This
could include a place of worship, a club, a humanitarian or missionary
site, a non-profit organization in your community, or for your school. It
is preferred if the site uses all three SEF URL options and several
extensions created by Joomla! GHOP contestants.
When the site is complete, prepare an overview of the website, sharing
lessons learned, site highlights, pictures of the website, and
comments/quotes from those who will use and maintain the site. This
overview can be written or video based. It should be developed in such a
way that it could be used by others considering if Joomla! might meet their
needs for a similar site and purpose.
The contestant is expected to be in close contact with the Joomla! GHOP
judges and community by posting in the Joomla! forums every few days to
share project status information, request assistance, and share ideas with
others. It is important to engage the community and include appropriate
feedback into the project, as well.
After a Joomla! GHOP judge acknowledges you have claimed this task, please
and respond in
the Joomla! forums. Your first post should announce who the site will be
built and confirmation that a Joomla! v 1.5 site is not already available
for this purpose.
* Install XAMPP and Joomla! -http://developers.facebook.com/get_started.php
* Backup and Restore a Database using phpMyAdmin -http://code.google.com/p/google-highly- ... tail?id=50
* Configuration SEF URLs -http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,240302.0.html
* Communication skills to talk to those who will use the website
* Design and logic skills to make end user requirements into an easy to
* Creativity and problem solving skills
* Functioning Joomla! v 1.5 website, updated to the newest release (RC
or final) based on ending date, accessible on the WWW Licensing
* All code must be created using the GNU General Public License version
2. http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-license ... .html#SEC4
Documentation written for this task must be made available under the
Joomla! Electronic Documentation License.
This task can be done very simply, with limited functionality, or, the
developer can create a fully functional environment of some complexity. The
presentation of the site in written or video form is also an important part
of the judging of this task. The depth of implementation will be the extra
credit opportunity for this task.
I introduced myself on the first task but I didn't write about my webmaster experience yet.
So, I began making websites 5 years ago.
, it's a 1901's law association so a non-profit organization in France.
I know an employee of this association, so I will work with him to have a website that answers to their needs.
I'll share the code and the database structure to bring something to the community.
I'll try to be more present on the irc channels.