Enable User to Submit Articles on Front End Website

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Patchworks
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Enable User to Submit Articles on Front End Website

Post by Patchworks » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:51 am

I've looked everywhere and can't really find anything on how to enable the ability for users to submit their own articles on the front end. I've seen a product called ArticleFactory, but that allows the users to manage and change articles.

I'm looking more for the basic ability for a user to submit an articles and I will edit the article/category, and then approve before it gets shown on the publically on the website.

Thanks in advance,

g
Glenn

Please read forum rules regarding signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=65

devilboy_1989
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Enable User to Submit Articles on Front End Website

Post by devilboy_1989 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:03 am

Do not need to a third party extension for this Default Joomla Installation Comes with this facility..Just go to your Menu Link e.g. "Submit Your Article" and Change the menu Type to "Article Submission Layout" and don't forget to make this link for registered user only..
***Example Steps ***
1. Go to "Menus" - User Memu - "Submit Your Articles"
2. Change "Menu Type" to Article Submission Layout

Hope this helps...Thanks
“Speak of The Devil and I Appears”

My Blog - http://www.rajputbrotherhood.com
Joomla - The Mighty CMS.

2ninerniner2
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by 2ninerniner2 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:11 am

Bonjour,

Unless I am missing something in your question (a definite possibility :) ), this is a basic, built-in feature of Joomla! Perhaps it's implementation is not that obvious, especially if you have not installed the sample data and can see how it is set up.

Generally, this is done with a User Menu that is only displayed for registered users. There is a Menu item on it called 'Submit an Article' which is of the 'Article Submission Layout' type. Registered users can then use this menu item to submit articles which you can set to not be published until you edit/approve them. Hope this is the functionality you were wanting.

Cheers!
Lyle
@snifflevalve

Patchworks
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Patchworks » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:12 am

Thanks for the replies guys!!! I have been working with this and since posting have found the "Submit Article" link on the user menu. My only problem now is I want to be able to let anyone submit an article and from what I'm reading, you have to make the user an author to accomplish this. Another solution is to make the default level of a user set to Author.

I'm looking for a simple "Article Submission" form with Title, Body and Author that would hopefully add in a CAPTCHA ability to cut down on the spam.

Any ideas?

g
Glenn

Please read forum rules regarding signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=65

paperclip
I've been banned!

Post by paperclip » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:28 am

I'm interested in this too. I'm looking for an open submission function that allows anyone to submit is then reviewed by an Admin before being published.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Something like this would be ideal: http://www.joomlahacks.com/component/op ... temid,171/

akeeton
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by akeeton » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:35 pm

I'm interested in this too. I'm looking for an open submission function that allows anyone to submit is then reviewed by an Admin before being published.
I, too, am interested in such a feature! Maybe we just need to make enough noise ;)

ovidiuleo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ovidiuleo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:57 pm

OK, I know this is a bit late, but my problem is:
"***Example Steps ***
1. Go to "Menus" - User Memu - "Submit Your Articles"
2. Change "Menu Type" to Article Submission Layout"
This I did. But when an user tryes to submit an article, he gets this:

404 - Component not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:
1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
3. a mistyped address
4. you have no access to this page
5. The requested resource was not found.
6. An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:
* Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.
Component not found

Hav no ideea as what to do.
The user was set from Registered to Author, Editor and Publisher, and the Submit your article was from Public state to Registered and then Special. NO COMBINATION wORKED111 Pls H E L P !!! I love my PC, i don't wanna break it! :)

username007
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by username007 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:39 am

akeeton wrote:
I, too, am interested in such a feature! Maybe we just need to make enough noise ;)
HI!
Did you find a solution for this?

jebrownis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jebrownis » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:38 am

ovidiuleo, if you have more than one menu item (say in another menu altogether) set to "submit article" you will get this error mssg. Ensure you only have one item in any one menu with this assignment. IMPORTANT note: if you want to have the submit article item in more than one menu, use the Menu Item Type > System Links > Menu Item Alias feature.

Hope this helps.

linghun
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by linghun » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:24 am

jebrownis wrote:ovidiuleo, if you have more than one menu item (say in another menu altogether) set to "submit article" you will get this error mssg. Ensure you only have one item in any one menu with this assignment. IMPORTANT note: if you want to have the submit article item in more than one menu, use the Menu Item Type > System Links > Menu Item Alias feature.

Hope this helps.
hello,i have the same prblem,i 'm sure i have only one "submit article" menu,i even cleaned the menu in Trash, still the error http://prntscr.com/6ssble

Return to “Administration 1.5”