The Joomla! Forum ™

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:11 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Hi

I need your valued help please.

I have a phpbb forum with over 4000 posts. It is part of the website which i wish to make into a membership site. I need to know if it is possible to convert this phpbb forum so as to incorporate it into the joomla software.

Look forward to your valued feedback

Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:13 pm 
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

You can install a bridge that will work between PHPBB and Joomla user databases.

Have fun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:51 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Hi

Can you point me in the direction of where I can obtain this bridge. Also I am still awaiting a reply to another question on another post. I do hope you do not mind me asking you. I have a photo gallery integrated within the forum. The software is:
PhotoPost PHP 5.02

See:

http://www.crazyaboutwesties.com/gallery/index.php

Is there also a bridge for converting these photos over to joomla

Look forward to your valued reply

Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:54 pm 
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

I think this: http://www.joomlastuff.org/component/op ... Itemid,65/ is it. I have never used it personally, if you do decide to try, please create backups of data and databases first.

Have fun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:06 am 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

I see that there are several threads on this subject of converting a phpBB forum to a Joomla site, so I'm posting in this old one so as not to start a new one.

However, I also note that most if not all of these threads are at least a couple of years old, so I'm wondering what is the best way currently to do this.

What I want to do is move my old phpBB forum, which has over 15,000 posts and 1300 users, to a new domain, where I just set up Joomla. I just started using Joomla and have almost no experience with php, css and the rest. I'm very experienced with html.

I also need to know how to do a 301 redirect on the old forum so that all the old posts will automatically be forwarded to their corresponding pages on the new domain. Many of these posts have a lot of links around the net to them, and I don't want to lose all those.

Any and all help and advice would be greatly appreciated in this process, as, again, I know next to nothing about php - or Joomla. I've done 301 redirects before, but with html sites, which was easy.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

I'm still wondering if there are any updates to this post about converting a phpBB forum to Joomla. The link provided in the earlier post concerning a "bridge" doesn't work. Has anyone done anything like this lately, and can they help me?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 pm 
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

There are a few that can be found here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... um-bridges

Have fun