Article edit page - content editing corrupted in backend

This forum is for reporting bugs in Joomla!. Please don't report problems with extensions in here.
Forum rules
Forum Rules
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mb87
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Article edit page - content editing corrupted in backend

Postby mb87 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 pm

I'm having a problem where the content block in the article edit page in the backend all of a sudden decided to display in HTML, instead of the usual WYSIWHG. I'm using TinyMCE at my editor. Changing to No Editor or XStandard Lite doesn't seem to make any difference.

I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing.

I'm sure other's have seen this problem. Unfortunately i cannot seem come up with the right search terms to solution to the problem.

Any suggestions how I can restore the original functionality? This is a big problem for me with the site. I would hate to have to rebuild the site. I've done that too many times already for other issues!

FYI. I'm using:

- Joomla 1.5.15
- MySQL 5.0.32
- PHP 5.2.9

Thanks!

Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
TechiChik
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Northern NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: Article edit page - content editing corrupted in backend

Postby TechiChik » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi Michael,

Have you got the editor enabled both in

Site>Global Configuration
AND
Site>User manager>Your username>user editor
Read the Joomla Docs. Read the doc for any extensions you're using. Search the forum for help and Google It. If all else fails ask for help on the forum :)

mb87
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Re: Article edit page - content editing corrupted in backend

Postby mb87 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:36 pm

No I did not have it enabled in both places. I guess I didn't understand that I needed to.

Making the configuration in user manager solved my problem.

Feeling a little bit silly now! :-[

Thanks!

Michael


Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Bug Reporting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests