The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:01 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Hello All,

I know this may be a simple thing or there may be an extension for this, but I have been trying and trying and cannot find any way to get a link to load content into a separate module position. I have searched this forum and Google, but don't see any solutions that work.

Let me explain... I have four images at the top of a Joomla! (1.5.20) page that each link to an external site. I can set the target to open in the same window or a new window, BUT I need the content to load in a module position (or article) lower down on the same page (to avoid having to reload the entire page). If there is a slider or other type of component that will have the same effect that is fine. The bottom line is that I just want to be able to use photo thumbnails to load external content on the same page.

I saw one recommendation on a site that looked promising, but I could not get it to work. Here is what they suggested: "<a href="<?PHP echo $someLink; ?>" target="myIframe"><?PHP echo $linkText; ?></a>"

I would think there would be someway just to specify the target as a module ID, but have not found this as of yet.

If anyone has a recommendation, and would not mind putting a sample of the exact code to use, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!