Login problem with Jomsocial, Kunena and SH404

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Plugje
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Login problem with Jomsocial, Kunena and SH404

Post by Plugje » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Some users on my site has problems with login. They have to try many times before they can login. I think it is related with a redirection from non-www to www but I am not sure.

This is the case.
Joomla version: 1.5.25, Kunena version 1.7.1, Jomsocial version 2.2.4, SH404SEF version 2.4.3.1014. Module HelloMe from Jomsocial to login.

In SH404 i switched on the 301 redirect www/non-www. That's working fine. I can replicate the problem when I login in IE without using the www. It routes me back to the Jomsocial login page. I can't login at all, not with the HelloMe module, not on the Jomsocial page and also not in the Kunena login. Some of my users say they have to try many times before they finally can login in Kunena.
The strange thing is that when I select "remember me" before I login, everything works fine. For me it's always working in Chrome, even without the remember me option and also after I clean the cache in Chrome. In IE after first wrong try you have to clean the cache before you can login again (with the remember option).

I did a search on google and find one solution from a guy who changed the setcookie setting. He wrote that it is related to the 301 redirect and put a line somewere to let the cookie be valid on domain with or without www. I can't find this article anymore :(

I know there are a lot of problems with SH404 related to Kunena and also asked them already for help, but they don't answer. But I even don't know if it is related to SH404. Actually I also don't want to switch of SH404 temperaly because I already had to fix many 404 links after I installed it from links kept in google or in my users history. And also not everybody has this problem.

Can somebody point me in the good direction how to use the setcookie option for a www/non-www domain and especially were to put the code? From what I understand I have to put it somewere in php and not in the .htacess...

Plugje
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Login problem with Jomsocial, Kunena and SH404

Post by Plugje » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:39 am

I managed to solve the problem with putting in a 301 redirect in the .htaccess file like this:

Code: Select all

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^(.*)\.mysite\.com$ [NC] 
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.mysite.com/$1 [R=301,L]
In SH404 there is already a 301 redirect, but for some reason that doesn't work in this case.

Hope it will help somebody else :)

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”