I'm having some issues with my Joomla! site build. The Joomla! update feature isn't working, and the extension manager update method isn't working. I did manage to update by manually copying/extracting the files, but I'm concerned about the auto update issue. Also, the Joomla! Update plugin wants me to "update" to 2.5.11 although I've already updated to 2.5.14.
#1. I was running 2.5.10. When 2.5.11 the Joomla update plugin didn't recognize the update. At the time, I wasn't aware of the Extension Manager Update method, so I just wrote the files manually and upgrade to 2.5.11
#2. When the latest 2.5 update was released, the Joomla Update Plugin recognized the update, but the update plugin showed the latest version to be 2.5.11, which the file it was going to update was 2.5.14
When I tried to update via the Joomla! Update plugin, I received the error, "Could not open /var/www/html/newcity(localhost)/administrator/components/com_admin/sql/mysql/2.5.10.sql for writing, which you can see in "20130802-joomla-update-3.jpg"
#3. I then tried to update via the Extension Manager method, and I received another error, "-1 - An erro has occured. Copy Failed"
#4 Finally, I justed updated to 2.5.14 via manually copying the files, well extracting the zip file into the directory. That seems to have updated my site to 2.5.14, but the Joomla Update still wants to update to 2.5.11! which you can see in "20130802-joomla-update-5.jpg"
Thank you in advance