[solved]Huge problem with creating links ....

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
xcronix
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[solved]Huge problem with creating links ....

Post by xcronix » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi,

I've installed joomla 1.0.12 on a FreeBSD&php5.0.2&Mysql platform, and everithing works .... everithing but creating menus ... link menus. I have the standard mainmenu, other ... (I've installed joomla without sample data (with has the same problem :( )) and when i'm trying to create a new menu link .... I press new ... and a beautifull blank page appears ...

i've reinstaled joomla 4 times .... i've tryed to check the code ... everithing seams ok ... except it doesn not work ...

Same problem with 1.0.11 when i'm installing it on the same server. What could be the problem? Php? should I install php 4?
Last edited by xcronix on Thu May 10, 2007 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

phlux0r
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Huge problem with creating links ....

Post by phlux0r » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:15 pm

Check your error logs... chances are your PHP process memory is too low and you have to increase it in the PHP configuration.

xcronix
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by xcronix » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:31 pm

... you have the info here: http://193.226.8.244/Untitled-1.html ... I think all is ok ... I don't know what 2 do ...

phlux0r
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by phlux0r » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:42 pm

This is most likely your problem:
memory_limit  8M  8M

Increase that to 32M in php.ini.

And, look at your web server logs... the exact error should be there.

Wizzie
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by Wizzie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:45 pm

If you check your System Info, which is located under System on the main admin menu, are there any items in red or showing warnings. While there check the permissions tab to see if there are any glaring errors everything should be writable is there anything unwritable.

You might want to try Joomla Diagnostics http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... ,99999999/,  it is a really useful tool to check that all of the files have been correctly uploaded http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,53052.0.html

xcronix
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by xcronix » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:48 pm

phlux0r, thank you verry much. I've found the log, and made the specified modification to the php.ini file. Now it works.

Thank you verry much.

Also Wizzie, thank's for the advice, it was the first thing that I did :P

Topic closed!

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”