extend registration for an other insert?

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
grayson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

extend registration for an other insert?

Post by grayson » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:08 pm

Hi, i have joomla/mambo running on my page and would like to extend it with an other insert into an other table....

since i run a self progged game on my site too, which has its own user table in order to keep it independent from the page, i'd like to extend the register form of the page with a dropdown where ppl can choose their game faction --> no problem on that, this i managed allready.

but now the hard thing: i need to insert the username and PW into the games user table as well and therefore want to add an other insert, after the insert into the mos_users table. but i cant find out where ?!?

is this possible at all? or can i do some mambot for it (how does a mombot is named now? a joomlot? :)  )

gray

spignataro
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: extend registration for an other insert?

Post by spignataro » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:57 pm

Steven Pignataro
-- http://www.corephp.com

Dead Parrot
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: extend registration for an other insert?

Post by Dead Parrot » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:02 am

I had to do something similar for a sports website I am making. The users have to be set to a certian team.
You will find the registration code in /mambo/components/com_registration in the registration.php file.

In the saveregistration function you can put your insert anywhere towards the end, I would put it just before this line

if ( $mosConfig_useractivation == "1" ){
    echo _REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE;
} else {
echo _REG_COMPLETE;
}

I think you can just use the $row->username and $row->password to set the inserts.

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”