OSM Button Links?

Reaction to the statement posted on www.opensourcematters.org
Eshin01
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

OSM Button Links?

Post by Eshin01 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:41 pm

Been using Mambo for over a year now, and love it. I'm also from the camp that believes open source should be free but can also be used as a business model... but I do find Miro's behaviour distasteful and definitely breaks the special trust that open source creates and advocates.

Now on to me suggestion and I'm not sure if its been suggested already (and yes, search is my friend, and yes, I am that lazy)...

As soon as the core team figures out a new name for the product, perhaps you can have some buttons/banners that other sites can use a la Spread Firefox. I suspect most people looking for Mambo will be actually looking for the OSM product. This will help developer sites show which "fork" they are developing for and also let them know that the "engine" they know and love are located here at OSM. It will also be good for some folks stuck with a mambo-based domain name.

I just suggest this because in the general goings on of the online sphere, no-one will really care anymore in about one month from now. And I suspect a lot of people don't care now either (I do, but the world at large probably doesn't). I'm not a graphic designer so I can't really contribute these buttons, so it's just a simple suggestion.

Keep up the good work.

Return to “Reaction to the 'Letter to the community'”