Where can i contirubte code to make "mambo" or whatever called better?

Reaction to the statement posted on www.opensourcematters.org
doublebeast
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Where can i contirubte code to make "mambo" or whatever called better?

Post by doublebeast » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:31 am

well i have made quite a lot of modifications on the old mambo, which adds, referral system with a point system, however, when i submitted this to the mambo server forum, they couldn't care flippin less. I'd want to give this away as it is well something i want to be put in the  newever version of mambo that will persuade people to use this version not from the mamboserver.

So how can we contribute code that goes straight to the developers?

brad
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Where can i contirubte code to make "mambo" or whatever called better?

Post by brad » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:37 am

Give us a few more days/week maybe, and we should have our new development server up and running...

Thanks for you patience, and thanks for your willingness to contribute.

doublebeast
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Where can i contirubte code to make "mambo" or whatever called better?

Post by doublebeast » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:56 am

aswell if you are wanting a new name, what is your basic goal of doing this project, after continuing mambo:

you say at the bottom of the home page:
"
much water has passed under the bridge and there’s been much anxiety, sweat and toil however… Let’s get back to the fun stuff!

"
much of that relates to water, as in "water", bridge - crossing over water, and sweat.

the idea of opensource you say is well, freedom, when we look at this we can take this back further.

when we start with something that we can modify, it is generally clean, refreshing to do the project and you can distribute it freely with other people. Then it becomes so big, it is like the oceans.

so something on the lines of water, oceans etc. that should be the them the new mambo should be based on.

i don't know what to do about a name, here is a go: H20 , maybe something related to hyra(a or 0)

well a slogan, A clean and pure CMS

-----
anyway i will wait like you said till it is up, and i will contact about referral code, as it doesn't have a backend, but does work witha  cookie and ip checker...

Return to “Reaction to the 'Letter to the community'”