my 2 cents...

Reaction to the statement posted on www.opensourcematters.org
peekmambo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

my 2 cents...

Post by peekmambo » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:42 pm

Hi  ;),

I'm Paulo B. aka Peek in the mambo community. For the last 2-3 years I released many gpl templates and did many custom templates to clients. I did mambo my business.

I would like to congratulate all the mambo Dev team for the courage, for this step forward and also  for the people on the forum for their feedback your are giving to them, this is really important. :)

During the mambo grow, I followed many discussions with many important members, but never something like this.

As part of a mambo business, like many others, I'm very concerned with this change and would like to appeal to this new community to change their websites to the new 'baby' CMS who comes. All of you should change your site name or your business name to this new one.

I would like to suggest 3 things to the Dev:

- A set of official buttons like Firefox did, to spread the new baby cms. As fast the new cms is known as fast the community grows. (you can open a thread and make a button contest)

- A website with a tracker to 3d party CMT's news, with separated Commercial and Gpl projects. Like a slashdot to the new CMS, only text. This way everybody can track everything from one website.

- A wiki to support the new modifications you may apply in the future on core, code functions etc...

Keep up the  Freedom ;),

Regards,

~Paulo

Return to “Reaction to the 'Letter to the community'”