20 Questions With Miro

Reaction to the statement posted on www.opensourcematters.org
pinho
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

20 Questions With Miro

Post by pinho » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:32 pm

Did you see this article

http://ricshreves.net/content/view/116/47/ ?

The Mambo Open Source Controversy - 20 Questions With Miro

Sunday, 21 August 2005

When the Mambo Developer Team announced their split with Miro Corporation to form the new OpenSourceMatters, I contacted both sides and asked for more information. The Mambo Foundation Board asked me to submit my questions to them and they would reply. I submitted 20 questions and they were kind enough to answer all.

Up to this point, the Miro side of the story has been the missing piece in the controversy. Their answers provide some insights into the thinking behind the controversial Mambo Foundation. As the old saying goes, there are two sides to every story...

I'm not waving the flag for one side or the other on this one -- too much vehemence from the community at this point -- but I will say that there appear to be some misunderstandings at work. I hope that the publication of this information can inspire some intelligent dialogue as the debate being played out on the Forums has devolved into something akin to The Rebel Developer Alliance versus Darth Miro. I would be nice to see a little less (OK, a LOT less) polemicism on the Forums right now...

So, without further delay, I present here - unedited - the 20 questions along with Miro's answers.

sc00zy
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: 20 Questions With Miro

Post by sc00zy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:39 pm

It's allready posted a couple of times, but thanks anyway for pointing us to it :)
Arjan Menger
https://welldotcom.nl - Puntgaaf Internetbureau

pinho
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: 20 Questions With Miro

Post by pinho » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:57 pm

Return to “Reaction to the 'Letter to the community'”