Thumbnail Preview Image Selection backend (javascript)

Mga tutorials at tips sa pagdisenyo gamit ang CMS at iba pa
rollmeister
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Thumbnail Preview Image Selection backend (javascript)

Post by rollmeister » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi.

A client wanted to see the thumbnail without mousing over the eye icon on image selection so I made a javascript hack. Use at your own risk, no warranty given.

It works in Joomla 3.5.1, probably other versions also, on any image selection view in the backend e.g. Menu - Link Type, DjImageSlider component/module editor etc.

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
/*when file selection input value changes, update thumbnail in adjacent preview element*/
jQuery(".media-preview + input").change(function() {
jQuery(this).closest('.controls').find('.media-preview').css('background','url('+jQuery(this).closest('.controls').find('.media-preview + input').attr('data-basepath')+jQuery(this).closest('.controls').find('.media-preview + input').val()+') top center no-repeat').css('background-size','contain');
});
/*iterate through each image selection preview, to update the background image of the adjacent preview element*/
jQuery.each(jQuery('.controls .media-preview'), function(index, element) {
var imageurl = jQuery(this).closest('.controls').find('.media-preview + input').attr('data-basepath')+jQuery(this).closest('.controls').find('.media-preview + input').val();
jQuery(this).css('background','url('+imageurl+') top center no-repeat').css('background-size','contain');
});
/*set width and height of preview element for which selected image is set as background*/
jQuery('.controls .media-preview').css('width','170px').css('height','100px');
});

Only problem I found was adding it to all pages of the backend template. I added it to the administrator section isis template.js which is not a good solution.

In return for this little hack, if someone can point me to Joomla plugin that allows adding javascript text. I did try the module method, sometimes worked sometimes didn't depending on the javascript code so I gave up on it - I need something that accepts what I type raw and not sanitize it.

Regards,
Rauli

Return to “Design Tips and Tricks”