Tulong naman...

enticer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Tulong naman...

Post by enticer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:20 pm

I am looking for module/component/plugin which answers my problem below...

We have the lists of all the graduates of our high school [the sisters of mary boystown and girlstown school] in XLS [MS Excel] file format.
We need this lists in order for us to authenticate any incoming registration for our Alumni website.
What we normally and always do, is to check the full name and batch of the user trying to register our alumni website and compare against this XLS lists before we approve or deny. Then we put beside the full name of the graduate his/her chosen nick, update the file, so that duplicate users are also screened.
We want this XLS file to be upload to the website so that admins [who are responsible for the checking and approval of the registration] will only have to access the shared file via frontend/backend, append the nick and update in there.

Any module/component/plugin that is perfect for this required feature?

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Tulong naman...

Post by guilliam » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:35 am

doesnt look like i have encountered something exactly like that in features.
however on my view point, i would consider using CB, then upload the excel file as users then hack the way on the registration. meaning the users are already inserted in the cb but they are DISABLED and has no email addie and no pw, on the registration when the code checks for DOUBLE or already existing user in the db(based on the name), then it will just ENABLE the user that was laying in the users db add the pw and email.

that means if a user registers, and it is not in the db; then it will disallow his/her registration.

its a big task and you will be hacking a great deal of the registration logic, but thats the best lead i can think of.

- g
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

enticer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by enticer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:25 am

Thanks guilliam but there seems to be a lot work in there and I am no good php/mysql programmer either.

I was expecting na merong component/module/plugin ba kaya na parang under siguro sa file management category.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:46 pm

enticer wrote:Thanks guilliam but there seems to be a lot work in there and I am no good php/mysql programmer either.

I was expecting na merong component/module/plugin ba kaya na parang under siguro sa file management category.
ahhh. you may want to try docman with AEC(advance expiration control). search it on the extensions.joomla.org

you can limit downloads ng members, but you have to check pa kung talgang alumni ba sya or hindi.

- g
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

enticer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by enticer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 am

ill try this thanks.

Return to “International Support Center”