Page 1 of 2

Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:16 pm
by ubmongolia
I wonder if there is a Mongolian language of Joomla.
By the way, has anyone heard that the government of Mongolia tend to convert all government web sites into Joomla-based cms. And, dotcom companies of Mongolia were invited to make customization of it. Hey guys, if there is not Mongolian language, I can be of help.

Cheers,

Joomla fan.

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:44 pm
by Mohammed
Welcome to Joomla forums ,

Here's a list with all the translations available http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/42/66/

If your language isn't on the map , you can contact davidgal " he's the translation team coordinator " to start with your own language

Regards Mohammed

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:02 pm
by infograf768
ubmongolia wrote: I wonder if there is a Mongolian language of Joomla.
By the way, has anyone heard that the government of Mongolia tend to convert all government web sites into Joomla-based cms. And, dotcom companies of Mongolia were invited to make customization of it. Hey guys, if there is not Mongolian language, I can be of help.

Cheers,

Joomla fan.
Welcome on the Joomla! forums.
There is no Mongolian Translation at this stage and we welcome any initiative in that direction.
1. Translation of front-end for the 1.0.x series. (That is just one file basically)
2. Translation of the 1.5 version, which is full utf-8, and includes front, back and installation translation.

We also welcome any Mongolian Team who would be willing to become Partner and provide an help file system through a Community site.

Please look at these threads on the Dev site:
Translation Policy: http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/41/65/
Translation Manual (1.5 wip): http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/43/67/

Regards

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:41 pm
by jagaarj
Hi all. so where i can download joomla 1.5 in mongolia
mn-gb file.
If anyone didn't translated into mongolian, let's tranlate together...
Sincerely yours
joomla interester. :D

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:42 am
by infograf768

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:15 am
by jagaarj
Okey. tnk you. I'll establish new joomla 1.5 Mongolian language pack translater team
if anybody interest this please contact me:
e-mail : jagaarj@gogo.mn
Mongolian joomla fan. :D

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:32 am
by infograf768
jagaarj wrote: Okey. tnk you. I'll establish new joomla 1.5 Mongolian language pack translater team
if anybody interest this please contact me:
e-mail : jagaarj@gogo.mn
Mongolian joomla fan. :D
Contact me or ot2sen http://forum.joomla.org/index.php?action=profile;u=178 when you get further into it. :)

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:55 am
by namchin
Сайн уу, залуусаа?/  Hello, guys

Би ч гэсэн Joomla-г орчуулмаар байна.
I want to be a contributor for Mongolian translation.

Орчуулж эхлэхийн тулд юу хийх ёстой вэ?
What should I do to start?

Хүндэтгэсэн/Best regards

Namchin

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:49 am
by ot2sen
Sounds great that a Mongolian team is taking form!  :)

Got the mail from you jagaarj and will reply later today. Was just checking some ressources before I could respond to you.

And welcome to you Namchin. Perhaps you and jagaarj could get in touch?

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:51 am
by infograf768
@namchin & jaggarj

I suggest you collaborate.
As you have not yet posted 5 times, you can't use the PM system.
Please mail to each other and report here.
Thanks and good luck. :)

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 am
by Dolugen
Hi, I wanna contribute too  ;D So when are we gonna begin?

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:23 am
by namchin
infograf768 wrote: @namchin & jaggarj

I suggest you collaborate.
As you have not yet posted 5 times, you can't use the PM system.
Please mail to each other and report here.
Thanks and good luck. :)
I can start a collaboration document for translation in Google Docs
or any ideas?

Keep in touch with me as you start translation project.

--
best regards,
╔╗
╚╬╗  Namchin D.
╔╬╬╗
╚╝╚╝

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:39 am
by namchin
Installation translation is here

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgxqvxsd_31cpqvtwnp

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:40 pm
by jagaarj
namchin wrote:
Installation translation is here

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgxqvxsd_31cpqvtwnp
It's good. I think now we can translate all utf-8 files into mongolian. it'll be better if we divide files into some parts. After collect all translated parts and publish into one package. I know 1.0.1.2 version's mongolian lang has many bugs, unsupported sentences and can't undestand some tags. But know we'll collaborate 1.5 to perfect mongolian version. :)

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:14 pm
by Altansukh
Hi all,

I am a member of Joomla! Internatioanal project and I translated Joomla! 1.0.12-1.0.14 to Mongolian. Everything is in Mongolian including front-end and back-end.

Our plan is to continue Joomla! 1.0.x support in Mongolian for next 2 years and "translate" Joomla! 1.5 by mid-March. I don't expect big changes regarding translation of Joomla! systems.

Everyone, who are interested to translate Joomla!, please contact me at altansukh at altansukh.com and let's have meeting in our office regarding development plan for Joomla! and other 3rd party components in Mongolian.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Sukh

http://www.joomla.gov.mn

PS: Joomla! 1.0.14 or Joomla! Mongolia 1.1 will be available in Mongolian by this Wednesday.

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:16 am
by jagaarj
Check this out guys.
Mongolian Joomla Community

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:35 am
by infograf768
jagaarj wrote:Check this out guys.
Mongolian Joomla Community
Nice initiative! :)

But please change logo http://joomlamongolia.freeforums.org/fi ... _phpBB.gif
as this is against Logo usage rules.
See http://www.joomla.org/content/view/259/70/

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:42 am
by infograf768
Almost forgot...

we now have a tcpdf Mongolian Cyrillic font available:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/pdffon ... ge_id=3329

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:53 pm
by jagaarj
infograf768 wrote:
jagaarj wrote:Check this out guys.
Mongolian Joomla Community
Nice initiative! :)

But please change logo http://joomlamongolia.freeforums.org/fi ... _phpBB.gif
as this is against Logo usage rules.
See http://www.joomla.org/content/view/259/70/
Hmm. i got.
but i only translated Joomla => Жуумла into mongolian. is this against rules? :o

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:13 pm
by infograf768
Yep. Sorry.
Please use the logo as is and add a certain distance from it whatever you want.
The pdf available here http://www.joomla.org/content/view/259/70/ is defining our simple rules.

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:31 am
by ubmongolia
I think i have seen Mongolian Joomla, JooMongol, somewhere on the Internet. Does anybody know where I can download it? Thanks

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:46 am
by Altansukh
Hi all,

On joomla.gov.mn, we have now updated version of Joomla! Mongolia based on Joomla! 1.0.15 and updated proper Mongolian language file.

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:15 pm
by Altansukh
Hi all,

Just an update of progress.

I completed translation of installation section along with sample data. Site translation is going good at 30% and would be complete by end of the week. Administration section translation would be complete by mid-March.

Once I translate everything and review it once, then I will share it all to appropriate parties. Also I will share Joomla! 1.5 with Mongolian package over http://www.joomla.gov.mn and http://www.joomla-international.org websites. In Joomla! 1.5, we will not do any tweaks regarding core files. But we will hardly work to bring more components in Mongolian language in consistent with my Joomla! translations.

Regards,
Altansukh

http://www.joomla.gov.mn

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:29 am
by gobigobi
Dear Altansukh

if you are translating it why you are working not in opensource manner. We shoulYoud translate it in main code resository. Then disrtibuted team can work on it. Why you are translating it separate from Joomla main team?

I want to download the Mongolian Joomla even it is partial, Also I want to contribute by my spare time.

Do you plan that you always update your translation when Joomla version upgrades? You should just contribute it and you should work on current Joomla development infrastructure.

What do you think ?

Axe007 wrote:Hi all,

Once I translate everything and review it once, then I will share it all to appropriate parties. Also I will share Joomla! 1.5 with Mongolian package over http://www.joomla.gov.mn and http://www.joomla-international.org websites. In Joomla! 1.5, we will not do any tweaks regarding core files. But we will hardly work to bring more components in Mongolian language in consistent with my Joomla! translations.

Regards,
Altansukh

http://www.joomla.gov.mn

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:37 am
by infograf768
Axe007 wrote:Hi all,

Just an update of progress.

I completed translation of installation section along with sample data. Site translation is going good at 30% and would be complete by end of the week. Administration section translation would be complete by mid-March.

Once I translate everything and review it once, then I will share it all to appropriate parties. Also I will share Joomla! 1.5 with Mongolian package over http://www.joomla.gov.mn and http://www.joomla-international.org websites. In Joomla! 1.5, we will not do any tweaks regarding core files. But we will hardly work to bring more components in Mongolian language in consistent with my Joomla! translations.

Regards,
Altansukh

http://www.joomla.gov.mn
Can you also upload Int Edition 1.1 on joomlacode?

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:23 am
by Altansukh
Hi all.

Joomla 1.5 translation is going well and Installation 100%, Site is translated 90%, and Admin is 20% done. I noticed several problems with my translation and fixed them pretty quickly.

I actually tried many times to register myself with Joomlacode, but no luck. I just don't get the confirmation e-mail. It says confirmation e-mail is sent, but I don't get anything. Otherwise all my e-mail is working just fine.

Otherwise I could just go on and upload it.

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:21 pm
by Altansukh
gobigobi wrote:Dear Altansukh

if you are translating it why you are working not in opensource manner. We shoulYoud translate it in main code resository. Then disrtibuted team can work on it. Why you are translating it separate from Joomla main team?

I want to download the Mongolian Joomla even it is partial, Also I want to contribute by my spare time.

Do you plan that you always update your translation when Joomla version upgrades? You should just contribute it and you should work on current Joomla development infrastructure.

What do you think ?

Axe007 wrote:Hi all,

Once I translate everything and review it once, then I will share it all to appropriate parties. Also I will share Joomla! 1.5 with Mongolian package over http://www.joomla.gov.mn and http://www.joomla-international.org websites. In Joomla! 1.5, we will not do any tweaks regarding core files. But we will hardly work to bring more components in Mongolian language in consistent with my Joomla! translations.

Regards,
Altansukh

http://www.joomla.gov.mn
Well actually I asked all the guys to work with me and translate it together. Honestly it is pretty tough act to translate all by myself while trying to ensure consistent terminology for the normal users. We have our internal SVN server which we use for the development. I could easily let everyone to access and work in the language pack for the Joomla! 1.5. Since Joomla! 1.5 natively support Unicode, all we should do is translate everything into Mongolian in consistent manner and share it. Only thing I'm not doing it right now is that I'm not sharing something that's incomplete and not reviewed. I don't think it's like being no-share, as soon as I'm done - iShare :D

We are trying to popularize Joomla! in Mongolia by making it easily accessible and also providing all necessary trainings for free. Actually for any FOSS projects here in Mongolia, I'm trying to set certain commonly accepted terminology for many stuff as Mongolian is not so technical language. Translating a FOSS project is something that we should clearly plan in order to deliver quality.

Cheers,
Sukh

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:02 pm
by infograf768
@sukh & jagaarj

We do appreciate your efforts.
I suggest you coordinate your work.
We need one Mongolian 1.5.2 install, site and admin in our common project, not 2...
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jtranslation/frs/

Thanks
JM

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:25 pm
by Altansukh
Hi JM

I agree about coordinated single package. What Mr. Jagaarj's understanding is that it takes translating Joomla!, but what I believe is that it's localization rather than bare bones translation of strings in there.

This is what we had gone through with Joomla! International and Joomla! Mongolia as we took localization route rather than just sitting and translating.

As we have some dedicated resources such as SVN, sandbox and WiFi work zones, I do believe we can work together to deliver more to FOSS efforts. The reason my Joomla! is going slow is partly related to my other projects such as OLPC (working on Sugar at the moment), Gnome, and many Joomla! 1.0.x components like Fireboard.

Re: Joomla in Mongolian language

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:54 am
by dpottier
I have begun the Mongolian (mn-MN) translation for Joomla 1.7
I have 10 Mongolian sites and they are, sadly, all running on English.

At this time there are just two of us on the team and we are working only on the Cyrillic version.

The project, as I see envision it, should have 3 translations of Mongolian.

1 - using the Cyrillic alphabet - imposed by the Soviets in 1939
2 - using classic Mongolian script (true language of Mongolia) with fonts such as Mongolian Baiti, CMsUBdp and/or Soyombo.
3 - using Latin Alphabet - used prior to 1939 and because English is the second language of Mongolia today the change to the Latin alphabet has become a natural transition here.

Not sure how they could be designated in language selection options.

Script sample

Code: Select all

<span style="font-family: 'Mongolian Baiti', 'Mongol Usug', 'MongolianScript', 'Code2000', 'Menksoft Qagan', 'STFangsong', 'SimSun-18030'; vertical-align: top; font-size: 28px; line-height: 28px; layout-flow: vertical-ideographic; writing-mode: vertical-lr;">ᠬᠠᠫᠫᠡᠨᠰ ᠬᠥᠮᠡᠰᠠᠰᠠ ᠠᠰᠠ ᠠᠰᠳᠠ ᡂᠬᠠᠷᠯᠢᠡᠰ ᠠᠨᠳ ᠠᠷᠶ<br /></span>
rendered code can be seen here http://mncnp.org/en/test

One feature request for Localization component would be the ability to download zipped translation files so we could work offline and possibly share individual files with those willing to help us on this project.

The other is to get our work to the Localization Project team to get even more involved. Possibly some advice from the Arabic Team as both languages come from the ancient Sanskrit.

Regards
David