Joomfish missing_translation doesn't work in some articles

How to support more than one language on your site.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
dspacelab
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomfish missing_translation doesn't work in some articles

Post by dspacelab » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:19 pm

Hello Joomla Gurus! I hope you can help with this problem. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question

I installed Joomfish for a website I'm working in. The default language of the website is English, I also enabled German and Italian. Right now non of the articles has translation for German or Italian, so if I'm not mistaken, I believe JoomFish should add the "there is no translation" text to all my pages when I select either German or IT. The issue that I found is that it's adding the text to some pages and to others not.

I have doubled check and non of the articles has translations enabled, but still JoomFish treats some of the articles as if there was a translation available, when there is not.

Do you know what could be causing this misbehavior???

Thanks,

Dave Spacelab

jzlcdh
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Joomfish missing_translation doesn't work in some articl

Post by jzlcdh » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Are you really on Joomla 1.0? If the website is not too large or complex you might consider creating a test system in J2.5 or J3 and see if it is a lot of work to rewrite the whole lot and use standard Joomla language facilities instead of Joomfish. Or perhaps you have requirements only Joomfish can satisfy?

Return to “Joom!Fish and Multilingual Sites”