Suggest a NEW NAME

Triplicate
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Suggest a NEW NAME

Post by Triplicate » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:19 pm

How about...

TheMiroFoundationScrewedUpTheMamboCommunityBigTime?

TheMiroFoundationScrewedUpTheMamboCommunityBigTime.com is available the last time I checked but move quickly since it may disappear soon, especially when someone reads this post.

It has a great deal of meaning but has more than two syllables so it might be a little difficult to remember when trying to type it into your browser. The other problem MIGHT be the size of the name for other support sites that want to connect to a brand name but don't give up!

TMFSUTMCBT.COM might also work. It's pronounced TIM FUST EM CABIT.COM. Not bad really ::)

CMS and OS are not even in this name yet so I'm sure it can be improved upon. Keep those names coming people. ;D
The best is good enough!

Norgaard
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Norgaard » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:18 pm

My suggestions is similar to earlier 'Nuked' 'post' thinking:

one word that says it all:

'betterMAMBO'

then put the word up to and connect it with a combined trademark word and something like: "opensource that matters" or "by opensourcematters" (opensourcematters could be the trademark)
close to the future competitor but/and far better and improved is the 'magic untold strong valuable keyword' in that case.

Regards from
Norgaard, Norway
Last edited by Norgaard on Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmeister2
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by cmeister2 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Triplicate wrote: How about...

TheMiroFoundationScrewedUpTheMamboCommunityBigTime?

TheMiroFoundationScrewedUpTheMamboCommunityBigTime.com is available the last time I checked but move quickly since it may disappear soon, especially when someone reads this post.

It has a great deal of meaning but has more than two syllables so it might be a little difficult to remember when trying to type it into your browser. The other problem MIGHT be the size of the name for other support sites that want to connect to a brand name but don't give up!

TMFSUTMCBT.COM might also work. It's pronounced TIM FUST EM CABIT.COM. Not bad really ::)

CMS and OS are not even in this name yet so I'm sure it can be improved upon. Keep those names coming people. ;D
TheMiroFoundationScrewedUpTheMamboCommunityBigTimeSoWeWentWithTheCoreDevsToMakeOurOwnOpenSourceContentManagementSystem.com?
:D

It causes the whois on 123-reg to have an error :p so i assume all TLDs are free

xperis
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by xperis » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:25 pm

My two offerings..

GoldScroll
or
VirtualScroll

I own the matching .com domains and have offered them free to the team if the name were used.

I like GoldScroll best....
Life is Questions, No Curiosity Might Mean You are Dead!

kosson
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kosson » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:55 pm

RUMBLE  ;D
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, afterwards they will fight you, then you win !" Gandhi

fireman
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fireman » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:29 am

Here is my bid

CitrusCMS
"The fruit of our labor"  -- a star shaped fruit--indeed the Star Fruit.

You see they (the "bad guys") tried to give users sour fruit, (ie lemons) but we chose another citrus--The Star Fruit, the fruit of good hard (and FREE) labor.

Proposed:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

fireman
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fireman » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:56 am

I too have registered the names:

http://www.citruserver.com    (live now click to see) and citruscms.com (live but no logo)

I will release at no cost to OSM if selected.

Mark Harris
Fireman

Sidewinder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Sidewinder » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:15 am

No design yet, but that's where the community jumps in .....

I donate: tisos meaning this is superb open source

When time is ready you can go on: tisosCms, tisosBoard, tisosServer, tisosForum, tisos...

eclipse115
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by eclipse115 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:24 am

fireman wrote: Here is my bid

CitrusCMS
"The fruit of our labor"  -- a star shaped fruit--indeed the Star Fruit.

You see they (the "bad guys") tried to give users sour fruit, (ie lemons) but we chose another citrus--The Star Fruit, the fruit of good hard (and FREE) labor.

Proposed:
I LOVE IT!! One of the best anems and logos suggested ^-^

(although we may want to get a more symmetrical star fruit ;) )

fireman
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fireman » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:34 am

Thank you,

It is what I am blessed to do.  Incidentally, I agree with the folks who want a 'clean break' from the mamb:o moniker.  I do a bit of marketing, and the one thing you have to be careful about is if they fail miserably, any name tied to theirs either coincidentally or not, will risk the backwash of the downfall.  That is why I chose to completely change the look, thought and feel.  Citrus is fresh, lively, wholesome, bright.  It is a natural astringent that can clean debris.  It is refreshing to take in.  Stars are also bright, illumunescent and desireable.  It won't be long before everyone knows that the dev team is the same one that brought us the great product named mambo.  Heck, I hve only been using the product for months now and I know that Robert Castley was an original dev who has not been involved for some time now--but his name and respect lives on.  So I say mambo-be-gone and arise CitrusCMS, or whatever it will be called, I know I will use it--won't you?

As for a logo with more symmetry, I thought about that myself, but then I thought, with this product you are getting the real thing, not a cheap replica or unfinished morph that is designed just to appear pretty (see miro's or MF's current 4.5.3--sorry couldn't help it!).  Rather this product is the natural choice in the CMS universe, the real deal. ---oops I digress, I told you I am somewhat the marketeer.  Anyway my opinion is good for me, if the design or name changes to something else I will be happy to help out in the design in any way I can.

Thanks again for the comment and compliment!
fireman

fireman
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fireman » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:29 am

Okay,
Just realized that CMS is not necessarily wanted in the name so I tired OpenCitrus.com and it is available

here is change

fireman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cdkaminsky
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by cdkaminsky » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:20 am

fireman wrote: Okay,
Just realized that CMS is not necessarily wanted in the name so I tired OpenCitrus.com and it is available

here is change

fireman
Fireman,

Very Nice Logos! 

fireman
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fireman » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:26 am

I thank you!! :D

bedlam
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bedlam » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:21 am

fireman wrote: Okay,

here is change

fireman

great design! ... simple and pleasing to the eye :) not sure about the title but i would prefer OpenC  :)
Joomla! - theultraelectromagnetic CMS!

Ty2u
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Ty2u » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:17 am

I like the sound of Citrus.  I just also cannot wait to see what this name will be.  When will this form appear so I can tell?  I need to get some domains ASAP as I had several Mambo domains and am making a considerable lower amount of money each month to support them now on account that they aren’t up yet.  Hmmm, I wish I was 12 people at once sometimes.  I know you probably do too don’t you?  That’s not so crazy of a thing. 

You know, I would like to suggest a name.

My experience has taken me though quite a bit of online marketing and I believe that I probably should be able to participate in the creative power and spend some time harnessing the creativity of the universe for this reason for awhile.

So I did...

While sitting there eating Original Corn Nuts, I thought, I wonder if we could make it something like a food.  Yeah! Why not?  Well, it might not be soooo original, but what if we picked an original food?

Well, then there are things like, corn, beef, strawberry, banana (that is taken already), see you get my point.  There are many things, cheese, coffee, lemons, limes, grapes, pears, seaweed (I believe they call that Dulse, and its good bleep)

So, basically, I have brang to light, the fact that not only am I eating corn nuts, but that they are original flavoured corn nuts.  And also, if you thought that was too much like some kind of corny act, but I have suggested that we need something original, fresh, no clear, refreshing, soothing, healing, touching and memorable/causing emotion, name.  Moving!

Something with meaning, but not too much meaning.  You know what I mean?

No toiling with ideas, you will know when you get it.  It will be like a trophy, or a bongo drum or whatever your favourite instrument is.  Maybe you play the flute?  The banjo?  The drums?  The xylophone?  I have no clue if I spelled that right.  Isn't there a spell check on this thing?  I thought there was. Hmmmmmmm

Anyway, my original thought was rice because I also have some rice something or others sitting here, some kind of munchies, and then I realized that there are lots of things named after food.  Why not something like an instrument, or a smell, or a taste, or a feeling.

So then I whipped out the old MSWord and began spell checking and thesaurusing my typing.

Bitter, astringent, tang, aftertaste, afterburn, after something? Occasion, blur, impression, thought, intuition, consciousness, fancy, swanky :) , safe, careful

Those are some of my words anyways, some sound pretty cool if you think about them.  I am sure someone will like some of them :)

Ryan

P.S.
That was fun
TY2U.com Designs http://ty2u.com - Professional Joomla! Extensions

theconsul
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by theconsul » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:32 am

another one to stay in the fruit and vegetable business ;)

AVAILABLE DOMAIN NAMES

chiliserver.com
chiliserver.net
chiliserver.org

kenwood
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: OSM-CMS

Post by kenwood » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:33 am

I think OSM is the best name. OSM-CMS sounds really good!

Norm 2782
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Norm 2782 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:43 am

I love the Citrus name and logo, but it does remind me a bit of Citrix for some reason... Maybe some people will think that Citrus and Citrix are related somehow...

yoops
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yoops » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:16 am

what about "myfirebox" ?

coreyfmiller
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by coreyfmiller » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:52 am

Firebox kinda sounds like Fire Crotch... I dunno bout that one... You red heads out there know what im talking about :P

cdkaminsky
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by cdkaminsky » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:25 pm

coreyfmiller wrote: Firebox kinda sounds like Fire Crotch... I dunno bout that one... You red heads out there know what im talking about :P
Haha    ;D

yoops
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yoops » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:37 pm

red head --> a new name for mambo --> shampoo  8)

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:41 pm

No, no, no ... please! We all know what poo is  :o and a sham is a fake, a failed imitation of, so a shampoo is really a fart.  ;D Not a good name for the world's best CMS.

yoops
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yoops » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:52 pm

Worlds best cms has all colours: "iridos" is meaning rainbow (also an important layer on the human eye) and for mambo "IRIMOS.COM" .. is currently free..

"seeing eyes" would recognize the manifold expressions on the logo  ;)

also free:

"ismost.com"  --> is most
"ixmos.com"   --> very beautiful name you now
"exmos.org"        --> ex mos
"fairos.com"
"fairmos.com"
"yamox.com"  yet another mambo open x

or just simple:

"anewcms.com"  --> a new cms or
"cmsanew.com" --> cms anew
Last edited by yoops on Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elnino
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by elnino » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:11 pm

Norm 2782 wrote: I love the Citrus name and logo, but it does remind me a bit of Citrix for some reason... Maybe some people will think that Citrus and Citrix are related somehow...
I was just going to post the exact same thing.  Citrus and Citrix do sound similar.  Eventhough Citrix servers are excellent, we wouldn't want anyonne to think they're related.

thealien
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thealien » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:09 pm

expherus

expheros

i-expherum

cst120
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cst120 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:21 pm

how about Martini  ...... ;D cheers!

domain name available:
martiniserver.org
martinicms.org

cst120
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cst120 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:33 pm

Another suggestion: Cheers

Norm 2782
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Norm 2782 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:37 pm

How about Kanpai then :P

lemonpez
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by lemonpez » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:58 pm

I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if this has been suggested already.  Perhaps you could name it after a star?  For example:

Mira - " Johannes Hevelius was observing it at the same time and named it "Mira" (meaning "Wonderful") in 1662's Historiola Mirae Stellae, for it acted like no other known star in the sky." (wikipedia)

(Yeah, I know it's close to Miro, but maybe you could play off that... *shrug*)

Return to “Reaction to New Project Name”