After waiting days...

Birdie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: After waiting days...

Post by Birdie » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:27 am

I've been trying to decide on a CMS, and as luck would have it, the big break occurred right then...

So, I have been waiting to see what the new name would be.  My biggest criteria was that it not be a downright embarrassment to have on my little site.  So many CMS names are...

I did not like this name very much at first, but I accept it.  I talked myself into it because I related it to Jumanji, a film with Robin Williams, which I enjoyed.

The problem I am having with this name is that I keep transforming it into Zoomlah, which is not right, of course, but apparently easier for my English-speaking tongue.

You can't please everyone...

Andrew Smith
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Andrew Smith » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:44 am

Perhaps if we english speakers pronounced it with a french accent it would sound better?    ;D

(there's a UK comedy that reminds me of this very thing!)

Andrew

Birdie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Birdie » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:05 am

Well, perhaps!  It also helps if you think, "Jude Law" and then apply it appropriately.  ;D

Billiken
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Billiken » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:59 am

Birdie wrote: Well, perhaps!  It also helps if you think, "Jude Law" and then apply it appropriately.  ;D
*hatred growing... anger burning... skin turning green... * ROAR JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMLAAAAAAAAAA SMASH!

twerp
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by twerp » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:11 am

Every person lost [not many I think] because of...erm.... the name [hehehe funny that] creates a dual loss PERHAPS. One for the person not using the proven BEST [and warmest] and potentially MAYBE One for the community.

It can be called anything one wants. The NAME need not be see ANYWHERE on the site. I've never had anyone ask the name. any hatred of the name makes me think about what it means to ....um... hate...

[Only my thoughts/opinion - respect to whatever state ones in, truly]

It's 2005 ....try finding an available name available globally. I have and it's pretty near not possible.

Zoommmmm it's Joom!

farimi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by farimi » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:07 pm

i still say, i like joomla
Opensource Community...It does matters!

Return to “Reaction to New Project Name”