Joomla not my fave... but...

Bliss
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla not my fave... but...

Post by Bliss » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:52 am

While its certainly going to take me a while to get used to calling the project "Joomla" (sounds like Jai-Lai) as opposed to the more phonetically-friendly "Mambo", I completely understand the need to keep the new name under wraps until the last minute. As one who has been part of highly-competitive "splits" with online organizations, I have seen people try to be open and democratic about name changes only to have the competition swoop in and claim all the potential domains. Besides, the project could be called "Poopy Pants CMS" and it would still be the one with all the intellectual muscle behind it, hence the one I would use.

...still, I will miss humming the Louis Prima song "Papa Loves Mambo" everytime I am administering my sites... heh heh

Cheers, BLISS

dStorm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla not my fave... but...

Post by dStorm » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:44 am

Likewise, I'm going to miss Snowboy's "I've Got To Learn The Mambo" (featuring James Hunter) firing up at the same time as my SQL server.  I think I'm going to have a hard time finding a track with the word 'Joomla' in the chorus...  ;)

For the moment, I'm going to settle with Radiohead's "Everything In Its Right Place".

Cheers, Adam.
"Originality is this: go as far as you possibly can - then take one more step."

Return to “Reaction to New Project Name”