Integrate Registration Form with Subscription Form

For Joomla! 1.0 Coding related discussions.
CodeCreator
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Integrate Registration Form with Subscription Form

Postby CodeCreator » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:29 am

Hello all,

I am new to Joomla development, but am getting my feet wet in a hurry...

My newbie question is how can I merge/integrate the basic Joomla registration with the installed subscription component (com_jcs)?

My client wants to combine user registration/subscription into a streamlined and integrated process.  In theory I would like to do the following:

1.  Present the basic registration form (registration component) to user as a 1st step (so far, so good)

2.  Once the registration form is submitted, redirect the user to the subscription form (subscription component).

3.  Prevent the registration from being completed until the subscription is complete -- sending the user only one confirmation email

4.  Alernate to Step 3.  I could allow user registration without sending a confirmation email and just redirect to subscription form.

Note:  this potentially could allow a user to be registered but not subscribed if they abort the subscription process.

Any helpful information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

LRRoberts0122
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Integrate Registration Form with Subscription Form

Postby LRRoberts0122 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:56 pm

A: Perhaps you should look at something like RSMembership! It integrates itself with the Joomla registration form in such a way that when an account is created via RSMembership!, it actually also creates an account for the Module Login/Password. It's very nice, but a little hard to use. In this even, simply disable the Joomla "Registration" field and create a new module that says "Register Now." Buttons can be more appealing and tend to grab more clicks due to their "stand out" nature. Link the button to RSMembership! and it should work the way you want. You can also customize RSMembership! to downloadable files, etc.

Hope this helps!

Return to “Joomla! 1.0 Coding”