Internet Explorer Operation Aborted, Virtuemart

For Joomla! 1.0 Coding related discussions.
felisanator
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Internet Explorer Operation Aborted, Virtuemart

Post by felisanator » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:23 pm

I downloaded the Ecommerce edition of Joomla with VMart 1.0.13 and installed with no errors.

I did an install and everything was fine in both IE and Mozilla. But now that I've created a template and such, it will not load in IE anymore and says that the "Operation has been aborted"!! Here's the exact wording:
"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://mydomain.com/VMart/VMart/compone ... /Itemid,1/.
Operation Aborted."

So I looked in the forums over at Virtuemart and it looks like a LOT of people have this error?! But the common response was a --"it must be product categories" or something. Welp, that module was NOT published in my cart, but following the sage advice that it was that mod, I deleted the module and the problem still exists. so I know it isn't that, or I didn't know waht as being talked about.

Do any of you know what would cause this to happen?

Not only this, but I wanted to move my joomla install to my root directory. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks for any help.

whooyeah
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Internet Explorer Operation Aborted, Virtuemart

Post by whooyeah » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:09 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
running joomla 1.57 & CB 1.2
beatdigital.com.au
thesound.com.au
muveme.com, postcardsfrommillie.com

TheLoveBosS
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TheLoveBosS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Q: I get Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Internet Site... Operation Aborted

A: Blame Microsoft for this one!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/927917

It is linked to the Tooltips provided by Joomla and occurs usually on large pages:

The simplest solution is to change:

/libraries/joomla/html/html/behavior.php
~line 108

$tooltipInit = ' window.addEvent(\'domready\', function(){ var JTooltips = new Tips
($$(\''.$selector.'\'), '.$options.'); });';

To:

$tooltipInit = ' window.addEvent(\'load\', function(){ var JTooltips = new Tips

Or you can turn the Tootips off.

Or you can do as Microsoft suggest and persuade your users to upgrade to IE8 or just use Firefox!
Just Do what you can Do , Don't Stop and watch all Do , and you can't Do!

rsgallerydude
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by rsgallerydude » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Try switching back to the default Joomla template.
That is how I found out that my template was causing the error.

adreed930
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adreed930 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:36 pm

I tried the fix. It did nothing for me. This problem is getting very frustrating.

jacks88
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jacks88 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:26 am

I'm using the default purity template and The Virtuemart admin crashes every time with IE. If it wasn't for Firefox, I'd have an unusable site. The Virtuemart forum doesn't have a fix. Does anyone here?

harshdhulia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by harshdhulia » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Thanks a lot TheLoveBosS. Your suggestion worked for me @ http://creativehut.org
TheLoveBosS wrote:Q: I get Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Internet Site... Operation Aborted

It is linked to the Tooltips provided by Joomla and occurs usually on large pages:

~line 108

$tooltipInit = ' window.addEvent(\'domready\', function(){ var JTooltips = new Tips

To:

Or you can do as Microsoft suggest and persuade your users to upgrade to IE8 or just use Firefox!

ddigital12
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ddigital12 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:47 am

just try to use the default template if youre having trouble running another template...
and make sure your connection is good to load high stuffs...

cfab
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cfab » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:48 pm

adreed930 wrote:I tried the fix. It did nothing for me. This problem is getting very frustrating.
TheLoveBosS suggestion is good (that worked for my problem too).

However, this is just a symptom of a more general problem : you encounter such errors when a javascript tries to modify the page before it's completely loaded. So if the TheLoveBoss suggestion doesn't work for you, maybe you're not so far to solve your problem : you just have to identify which javascript is involved. After you have identified it, by desactivating modules one by one for instance, solutions to clean it are here : http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/0 ... orted.aspx
(there are plenty of blogs dealing with it, GG is your friend here, with "operation aborted javascript internet explorer"...)

Again, thanks TheLoveBoss, with your post I've found which script was my problem (I saw that there was a lot of tooltip scripts used by VM, but I didn't find that it was the Joomla tooltip that were involved).

jacks88
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jacks88 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:56 am

Moving to IE8 does solve the problem. Since I only crashed on the backend, I'm fine now.

fcoulter
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by fcoulter » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:07 am

I don't think that the tooltip script is necessarily at the root of this problem.

I have been working on developing a new Joomla component, and I kept getting this error. It happened whenever there was a problem in my SQL. I was thinking that it might be some bug in the Joomla script that handles the database. But I have not been able to narrow this down yet - would love to do so as I keep getting this error with Virtuemart 1.3 as many people seem to be doing.
http://www.spiralscripts.co.uk for Joomla! extensions
http://www.fionacoulter.com/blog my personal website
Security Forum moderator :: VEL team member
"Wearing my tin foil hat with pride"

bobwhosmiles
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bobwhosmiles » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Unfortunately the fix above didn't work, but the suggestion about disabling modules that appear on the page worked. I narrowed it down to the virtuemart product categories module and disabling that means users can view the shop in IE7 without problems.

Now I just need a fix so I can display the categories module. Asking users to upgrade to IE8 is not exactly a very practical solution!

fcoulter
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by fcoulter » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:38 pm

There is a fix for Virtuemart for this problem - at

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=51089.0

It has worked fine for me. Remember to clear the browser cache once you have installed it.

bobwhosmiles
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bobwhosmiles » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:50 pm

On refreshing the page - I got the error again! So much for the product categories module being disabled fixing the problem

thanks fcoulter, but the forum post you link to is about fixing the problem where it appears in the backend.

I've spent the whole day reading (among other threads on other forums) all 15 pages of this thread on the VM site and some users mention having (and some finding fixes for) the problem in the frontend too.

I've tried every fix I can find, including disabling every module, until I just had the virtuemart component, the main nav menu and the JA purity template. STILL THE SAME PROBLEM! :(

The only other suggestion I've found involves using a more up to date version of mootools for the front-end but leaving the existing one for the backend. It just looks really complex and difficult to maintain because changes may need making to source files with the install of every new module.

I'm now contemplating whether it would be better to use another e-commerce solution but this is a last resort. Sample shops linked to from Virtuemart's site have it all working fine (including using slimbox for larger views of images, and the categories module).

It sounds near impossible to find a "works for all" solution because every user will have different combinations of modules, templates etc, hence some of the solutions posted working some of the time for some of the users.

fcoulter
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by fcoulter » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 am

As I mentioned before I don't think that Virtuemart is at the root of this problem. I first came across it when I was developing an extension of my own, it seemed to occur when there was an error in the SQL that resulted in a database error, it seemed to somehow cause a problem with the page loading. It would seem to me that the way to fix this is to look at the way the joomla database handler handles errors, to see if it could be made to return something that doesn't result in IE7 doing this. Unfortunately I have just not had time to look into this further.

Of course there could be more than one cause so maybe there are other ways to attack it.

All I can say is that the Virtuemart patch has worked for me, but it is just sticking plaster over a deeper problem, so I am not surprised that it has not worked for everyone. I do feel for your frustration in this. Virtuemart 1.12 did not seem to exhibit this problem so you could try installing the earlier version. Or Zen Cart is a good e-commerce system that I have used for many years with few problems, though it does not offer the flexibility of a Joomla site.

schug_trent
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by schug_trent » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:13 am

This killing me. I NEEEEED to get this site up ASAP.
Same error everyone's talking about. I narrowed it down.... kind of.

It is not the VM Categories Module...
The error doesn't show when you enter directly into a category... like this
https://stokedsa.com/store?page=shop.br ... egory_id=6

But it shows here on the store main page: https://stokedsa.com/store

Urgent help would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Thank you...

gambum
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gambum » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:45 am

I also don't think it has anything to do with VM... It happens to me with an article that includes javascript code. I am using the 'sourcerer' plugin to include a video in an article.... it works great with Firefox but IE crashes all the time.... very upsetting!!!
Too bad IE is still used by over 50% of the world, otherwise I wouldn't care.....
Can someone please help?!?!?!
Thanks.

schug_trent
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by schug_trent » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:05 am

I found something that worked for my VM here: http://www.joomlahackers.net/virtuemart ... emart.html

However... it messed up the checkout process but that could be something with my SSL Certificate. My 'next button' in checkout forwards to index.php :(

katarina1956
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by katarina1956 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 am

TheLoveBosS wrote:Q: I get Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Internet Site... Operation Aborted

~line 108

To:

this is also work 4 me ....thanks!!!

cbdh19
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by cbdh19 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:52 pm

A quick follow-up: My problems definitely appear to be an issue with the Disqus comments plug-in.

shijobaby
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by shijobaby » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 pm

2004carlt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 2004carlt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:06 pm

~line 108

To:

That worked for me, though '$tooltipInit' was on line 109 and had none of the ' window.addEvent(\'domready\', function(){ var JTooltips = new Tips
($$(\''.$selector.'\'), '.$options.'); });'; after it. Backed up my site and changed it anyway and not only did it stop crashing Internet Explorer it also made Disqus appear as it has previously only appeared in Firefox.

cbdh19
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by cbdh19 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:13 pm

For me, it's clearly an issue with the disqus comments plug-in. After months of using disqus -- because I like it (especially the top of page link at the bottom of comments) -- I'm going to abandon it.

BTW, the help for disqus -- via joomlaworks -- is completely unresponsive to my posts on their forum (http://forum.joomlaworks.gr/index.php?topic=10152.0).

You'd think that if their plug-in consistently crashes IE7, and produces HTML parsing errors in IE8, they would be on top of it, but they aren't...

mcse123
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mcse123 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Anyone looking for a great shopping cart, Opencart is working great for me. I have a joomla site that is used to fully explain my products and then I use Opencart for my store. Opencart is very good. I tried Virtuecart and found it to be too complex for what I need to do.

Hope this helps someone.

murgatroydj
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by murgatroydj » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:25 pm

I seem to have resolved the IE crashing issue with the Disqus comment plugin from Joomla Works.

in the file:
plugins/content/jw_superblogger.php

comment out the css on line 465

// var disqus_iframe_css = '{$disqusIframeCSS}';

seems to resolve the issue of IE7 crashing on load.

DJBenz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DJBenz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:30 pm

murgatroydj wrote:in the file:
plugins/content/jw_superblogger.php
This file doesn't exist in the Disqus plugin for Joomla?

DJBenz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DJBenz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Update: Found the same CSS variable in /plugins/content/jw_disqus.php (line 195)

I removed it and now the IE7 crash appears to have gone. None of the other solutions in this thread had solved the problem for me, so thank you murgatroydj! ;D

Return to “Joomla! 1.0 Coding”