Repackaged Solarflare II template?

new_to_cms
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Repackaged Solarflare II template?

Post by new_to_cms » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:25 pm

Would it be possible that you release a repackaged Solarflare II template for Joomla 1.5?
There are workarounds for the menu problem (menu doesn't get displayed correctly) but it would be far better when it worked out-of-the-box (and you only had to turn legacy mode on).

If yes, could you 1) add an id to the div which comes right after the body tag (the "background" div)
and 2) put a div around the two footer divs? (also with an id)?

Then you could more easily change the background color without having to hack the template code. (only changing css)

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Repackaged Solarflare II template?

Post by Tonie » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:37 pm

Solarflare is probably not going to be available in Joomla! 1.5.

new_to_cms
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by new_to_cms » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:39 pm

I know...
(I'll write more tomorrow)

new_to_cms
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by new_to_cms » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:34 pm

well, took a bit longer...

I work on a site where we are probably going to keep the Solarflare II template instead of switching to the new default one or any other template.
It simply fits better for this site.
Maybe we would switch if the Milky Way template wouldn't look that "flat" (only text links in menu and as next /previous etc., overall more "boring" appearance)
There are some nice elements in the new template but also these ones which not everyone likes.

I did a bit of "template hacking" (or however you want to call it) to get a nice blue background (actually it took me pretty much time to remove exactly that blue background from TinyMCE again  - black text on a blue background isn't that great :P).

So it would be great if we could have a packaged one (don't want to copy the single files from 1.0.x) which has got the two small modifications mentioned above - and of course a fixed menu.

//Edit: don't really need it any longer...
Last edited by new_to_cms on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Design and Accessibility - Archived”