READ BEFORE POSTING: Welcome: Purpose of this forum

vavroom

READ BEFORE POSTING: Welcome: Purpose of this forum

Post by vavroom » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:01 am

Hello everyone,

We are working towards making Joomla more accessible and usable.  We realise there are a few issues to resolve to reach WCAG and 508 compliance.  Some changes may be implemented relatively easily, some other changes cannot be done without serious re-writing.  While I'm the first one to admit I want it all, and I want it yesterday, I can only say "it'll happen as soon as it can be implemented".  So I ask for your patience as we look at the implementation of accessibility features.

In the meantime, I invite you to discuss questions, concerns, suggestions and solutions relevant to both Usability and Accessibility on this forum.

Definitions:
Accessibility:  Determines if the site and its content can be accessed by people with various disabilities (including but not limited to: vision disabilities, hearing disabilities, mobility disabilities, etc)
Usability: A measure of how easy it is to use a particular website.

In theory, an accessible site is a usable site, but that is not always the case.

//Edit:  Considering the fact that other web standards, in particularly xhtml, are so intrinsically tied with accessibility standards, we're expanding the focus of this forum.  Feel free to discuss other web standards here. 

Cheers
Last edited by vavroom on Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Design and Accessibility - Archived”