Users don't sync - Cant login via Bridge - Please Help!

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
triangular
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Users don't sync - Cant login via Bridge - Please Help!

Post by triangular » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:47 am

I've posted in several forums so forgive me if you've seen this before, but I still have no answers. Please help if you can.

Configuration: Joomla 1.0.11, SMF 1.1 RC2, CB. Unwrapped. Shared database. Using mod_smf_login and have tried both latest bridges from joomlahacks and simplemachines web sites.

Requirement: Users login via mod_smf_login. New user registers via CB; registration and login information is automatically synced with SMF seamlessly. Existing user clicks link to Forum and a new browser page opens to the forum, where they are already logged in.

Problem: Same or similiar with either bridge. I have manually exported/synced existing joomla users into SMF and those users login fine, and are taken to the Forum already logged into SMF when they click the link to Forum from home page. HOWEVER, new user registrations pass through joomla just fine (with mod_smf_login box), but are then taken to an SMF login which states "Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again." No matter how many times the pw is entered, the new user cannot get past this failed login, and so cannot login to either joomla or SMF.

PLEASE help me with this configuration. I don't care which bridge I have to use. I have installed and uninstalled both bridges so many times. I've found references to this problem in various forums but still no clear answer to resolve it. I need your help here...

Christian

Livebox
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Users don't sync - Cant login via Bridge - Please Help!

Post by Livebox » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:45 pm

First Tip Upgrade your SMF version to 1.1.1 and Joomla! to 1.0.12 and instal the latest Bridge from JoomlaHacks  JSMF 2.0.2 (this Bridge also has some new plugins for CB)
http://www.joomlahacks.com/component/op ... pic,3289.0
Joomlabridge.org Joomla! and Mambo Bridge Support and Downloads. and Video Tutorials

triangular
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by triangular » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:43 pm

Livebox wrote: First Tip Upgrade your SMF version to 1.1.1 and Joomla! to 1.0.12 and instal the latest Bridge from JoomlaHacks  JSMF 2.0.2 (this Bridge also has some new plugins for CB)
http://www.joomlahacks.com/component/op ... pic,3289.0
Well...your tip doesn't solve my problem. People have been running both bridges with exactly the same versions of SMF and Joomla that I have, and there's no functional difference in the minor fixes regarding the bridge. Thanks for the tip but I am still looking for the reason I have the problem and the way to resolve it. Its useless to upgrade unless I know the bridge will work. It's not my version numbers, its a problem with the bridge and I'd guess something in the database sync configuration because it occurs with either bridge I use. I'm still looking for help.

cholonya
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cholonya » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:33 am

i have a similar problem but nothing. i can't solve it  :-\ :-\ :'(

chadness
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by chadness » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:09 pm

The latest bridges will NOT work with SMF 1.1 RC2.  There were enough changes in RC3 and the released version of SMF that it's not the same.

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”