Joomla Admin <> SMF Admin ???

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
Piie
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Joomla Admin <> SMF Admin ???

Post by Piie » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi
I just got Joomla and SMF ( along with the SMF Bridge ) installed.

Everything seems to be running fine, but when I log in as admin on the website, then I cannot admin SMF?

On closer inspection, Joomla does not seem to be giving the correct ID_GROUP value in the smf_members table. When I manually change the "0" to "1", then the website front-end fails to load (just returns a blank page - no errors)

The "Joomla" admin works fine, I can login as administrator to Joomla backend and controll everything there, but the same user is not considered by SMF to be administrator ( even though the user in Joomla is 'Siper Administrator" and that corresponds correctly with the "Administrator" status for SMF in the SMF Bridge Configuration.

I manually removed the admin user from the smf_members table and then used the SMF Bridge util's "Sync" tool to move the Joomla user to SMF, but even that step only adds the user, but not as a "proper" administrator in SMF.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Piie
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla Admin <> SMF Admin ???

Post by Piie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:57 pm

Any help, please?

Am I asking this in the wrong place? Is there another topic I would get better response? I posted the same question on SMF boards as well, but I also get no response there.

chadness
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by chadness » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:44 pm

The SMF boards would be better.  I see Kindred had replied to you.  You didn't remove the whole members table, did you?  Do you have any admin user left in SMF?

Piie
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Piie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:50 pm

Hi
Thanks for the reply.

I havn't seen his reply, will go there right now.

I only emptied the table and then did a "transplant" from Joomla to SMF, so, yes, I have a "Super Administrator" in Joomla.

What I also did was to add a new user "test" and make him "administrator" in Joomla, then I mapped SMF Admin to Joomla Admin and then tried to synchronize users, but that step causes a blank page to return after while with nothing apparently changed, and the login still does not produce the elusive "admin" option in SMF...

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”