SMF Forum Help, sync has no effect

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
snipingkid
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

SMF Forum Help, sync has no effect

Post by snipingkid » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:29 am

Hey Everyone,

I would like to know how to finish the install of the SMF component for Joomla. I linked all the stuff in phpmyadmin and everything is linked together correctly, apparently. However, when I want to sync, it doesn't work, it says that it syncs but when I try to login from the other side, it doesn't work. I then go in the admin section and look in members, and no one is listed. What can I do ? I've tried reinstalling numerous times. Thanks

brad
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: SMF Forum Help, sync has no effect

Post by brad » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:35 am

Moving to correct forum.

You may want to check out some of the posts in this section BTW.
Brad Baker
https://xyzulu.hosting
https://www.joomlatutorials.com <-- Joomla Help & Tutorials

snipingkid
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by snipingkid » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:25 pm

Anyone?

Alright I have a little update. I'm thinking that the SMF has to be running with the files in the joomla database. I therefore did the smartest thing: I trashed the whole SMF database  :laugh:. Now the forum doesn't work. Which is as espected. Now, how in hell do I make this thing run solely on the joomla database? Where are the files for this? I'll try to find it but if anyone knows it would help a lot.

Thanks

chadness
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by chadness » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:55 pm

Which versions of the bridge, Joomla, and SMF are you using (please give version numbers, don't just say latest)?  If you are using the Joomlahacks version of the bridge, then yes, they do have to be in the same database.

The easiest way to accomplish this is to load all of the SMF install files on to your web site (one common place is in a "forum" subdirectory of your Joomla site), and when you go to this site, you will be walked through the installation.  As part of this process, you can enter in your database and the username and password you use for it, and it will install all of the necessary tables, etc.

snipingkid
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by snipingkid » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:17 pm

Alright, Ill try that. I know that the SMF program from the SMF site has an install wizard but I just used fantastico... Ill try to do that in the next couple of days...  I think that I have version 1.1... or whatever version fantastico has...

chadness
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by chadness » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:50 pm

The manual install is just about as easy as the Fantastico install, aside from having to upload the files yourself.

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”