I want SMF to redirect to Joomla Homepage

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
mustaq-ahmed
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

I want SMF to redirect to Joomla Homepage

Post by mustaq-ahmed » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:08 am

Hi all,

I have Joomla 1.1.2 andSMF 1.1.2 installed on different locations and both are up and running , however when I installed the bridge from SMF i encounter the following problems,

1. Users are not directed to the Joomla mainpage on selecting home on the Forum.

2. after logging in on the smf login in the main joomla menu the members still have to login on the board menu. the login mod for the site is the bridge login mod,

How can I fix this

Thanks

Mustaq
Mustaq -War defines who's left , not who's right...
Live. Love, Learn and Joomla ! FREE ! Joomla Extensions and Tutorials @ http://www.herdboy.com Joomla Web Design and Development / Joomla Retainer Club

chadness
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: I want SMF to redirect to Joomla Homepage

Post by chadness » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:57 pm

Which bridge are you using?

For your question #1, the SMF theme you are using will have that "Home" button pointing to the SMF home page, not your Joomla one.  You need to change it in the theme to point somewhere different.

For question #2, you might try the support forum for the bridge you are using.

mustaq-ahmed
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by mustaq-ahmed » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi,

For my question 1 : Where do I change this in my theme as I see no settings in the default configs at the backend for SMF or do I need to make changes to the SMF index.php etc, if the latter how do I achieve this.

I am using the Bridge that I got from the SMF site and not the Joomlahacks one (which is better?).

thanks
Last edited by mustaq-ahmed on Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustaq -War defines who's left , not who's right...
Live. Love, Learn and Joomla ! FREE ! Joomla Extensions and Tutorials @ http://www.herdboy.com Joomla Web Design and Development / Joomla Retainer Club

chadness
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by chadness » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:44 pm

There really isn't a "better" bridge - the bridging basics sticky post gives somewhat of a comparison between the two.

You will need to modify the theme files themselves.  I can't say exactly where - it depends on the theme you are using.

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”