[SOLVED]SMF Bridge User registration & groups

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
Piie
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

[SOLVED]SMF Bridge User registration & groups

Post by Piie » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:11 am

Hi

I've configured my SMF to handle new user registration by means of Admin activation only, however, since I integrated SMF and Joomla, it seems users can register and activate themselves, and I caanot seem to find where I can change this behaviour.

I would also like to know if it is possible to add more user types to Joomla; as it stands, it seems users are either registered or public, I'm trying to build a site where there are 2 access levels on the Joomla "frontpages"; public and member - for this the two standard member types will do, but in SMF, I need additional member groups that also tie up with the Joomla groups - for instance, if I allow a user to access the "public" forums in SMF, then ( as it stands) he is a "regiostered" member, but I don't want him to be able to then have access to the member pages on the "website".

Is this possible with SMF Bridge installed, or will I have to separate Joomla and SMF?
Last edited by Piie on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piie
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

[SOLVED]Re: SMF Bridge User registration & groups

Post by Piie » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:34 pm

I solved this by making sure my registration method in SMF Bridge is set to SMF, and for the access I installed JACL.

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”