Question regarding Joomla-SMF bridge

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
stokedfish
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Question regarding Joomla-SMF bridge

Post by stokedfish » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:31 pm

Hello,

I've just read a statement on the SMF board and now I'm a bit confused.
Thantos wrote:
DizzyTech wrote: By the way, check the announcements.  No more Joomla bridge period.  :-(
Just to clarify:  Simple Machines won't be pursuing a bridge; however, another group may create a bridge.  Or maybe Joomla! will create a bridge ;)
From here:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community ... 9#p1206359

I know that the Orstio-bridge has been discontinued. However, I have never thought of the possibility that the Joomla! team could actually develop a bridge instead of the SMF devs. Now I'm reading that statement above and it's confusing me.

So, my question is: How likely is it that you guys will release / develop some kind of bridge for SMF? Is this being considered or is it no option at all? Also, if yes, when could we (approximately) expect a release?    Looking forward to your answers,  fish
Last edited by stokedfish on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thantos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Question regarding Joomla-SMF bridge

Post by Thantos » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:48 pm

Opps, looks like I caused some confusion.
[quote="http://www.simplemachines.org/community ... 5#p1207175"]
I am sorry if I caused confusion.  To my knowledge the Joomla! team doesn't have any plans to create a bridge.  I was only trying to imply that another group could do it if they wanted to spend the time and energy.  For us to do it how we want to do it would be too costly for us.  Another group might find that to be an acceptable cost and go forward with it.

I apologize if my comment made it seem that the Joomla! team indicated that they were going to work on a bridge.
[/quote]

Again sorry about that.
Simple Machines Developer

I don't need no stickin edumcation

Sundog_AK
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Sundog_AK » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:49 am

I think some missed the "wink" smiley he used at the end of the statement, but I definitely read it as tongue in cheek.

stokedfish
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by stokedfish » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:04 am

Well, I saw the "wink" but it can be interpreted in various ways!  ;)

Anway, thanks for clarification.

Sundog_AK
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Sundog_AK » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:19 am

Yes..very true!  With all the "debate" between SMF and Joomla! on the this whole bridge mess, things have definitely hinged on interpretations as of late. 

For me, it sure puts a serious halt to any ideas of going to 1.5 in the near term (or SMF 2.0 for that matter).  It looks like the only viable solution for the interim is the JoomlaHacks bridge, but who knows if they will have the resources to recode to make the legal eagles happy.  We shall see... :pop 

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”