SMF, Community Builder and Xaneon?

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
djemberay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

SMF, Community Builder and Xaneon?

Post by djemberay » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:24 pm

Has anyone been brave and skilled enough to make this combination work? More specifically:

1. I have SMF and Xaneon installed, but Xaneon broke my admin panel in SMF. I was unable to navigate to some pages. It's probably a lack of understanding on my part of Xaneon, but I'm flummoxed (sp?) as to how to address this issue.

2. I've heard people mention CB and SMF together in one breath, but I'm unclear as to how they might have them working together. My main goal is to have additional information fields specific to my site in the user profiles.

Thank you all!

bandito
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: SMF, Community Builder and Xaneon?

Post by bandito » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:04 pm

Hi,
The current intergration between CB & SMF is not that good. The current bridge does support CB, but if the someone clicks the Profile button in SMF it will display the SMF profile instead of the CB profile, which defies the purpose of having CB!!!
If you want to have custom fields for your profile (in SMF), there is package call "Biodata" (try searching Simplemachines.org) which will allow you to do that.
There is also a tutorial (if you are interested, I will find it for you) which teaches you how to add custom fields manually.

intel352
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: SMF, Community Builder and Xaneon?

Post by intel352 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:37 pm

it would be best to use SMF and it's related mods, instead of smf + cb. at least that way, you could have login/profile/PMs, etc, managed properly by a single app
MapCentralNetwork.com - http://www.mapcentralnetwork.com
Supporting most popular games: Counter-Strike, HL2, DoD, BF2, Doom, Quake, Unreal

My Blog

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”