Problem with SMF

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
tadei
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problem with SMF

Post by tadei » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:19 pm

Hi.

I installed smf successfully and also coresponding component for SMF. The linking of the component and module was succesfull. However, when I click on Forum link from mainmenu I get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ob_flush() in .../components/com_smf/smf.php on line 35

Any ideas?

Thanks for help.

Tadej

marlyred
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Problem with SMF

Post by marlyred » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:39 pm

It sounds like you haven't placed the required code in the your templates' index.php.  In the step by step instructions provided with the bridge it explains how and where to put the code.

tadei
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tadei » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:41 pm

Hmm, Im not really sure if I set up the smf bridge. I think that that was a component which connected smf forum and mambo with user database also.

Bridge only sort of links them or? Does it also connect their users database?

Tadej

atelier
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by atelier » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:21 pm

You need to add the code provided in Step 4 of the installation instructions into each template (index.php) you use. Be mindful of where it says to place the code. The bridge doesn't combine databases but rather syncs them so users are registered in both systems.

tadei
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tadei » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:01 am

Thanks for info everyone ... There are no errors now.

However, there is another problem now. When I try to log in by using smf login form in mambo the page starts to load and that it. It loads and loads, showing no progress. The same is with logging out if I am logged from before. And the same is with clicking on the link Forum.

The page starts to load and nothing more. It doesn't load at all.

Again, help me please :)

Tadej

tadei
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tadei » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:58 pm

I upgraded SMF to 1.1b3 and also downloaded the right bridge form mamboforge.net. So far so good, but again I cannot log into forum. When the button Login is pressed the page stops to work. Something is loading all right, but it takes like forever and never stops.

I have followed steps from 1-4 and done everything what needed to be done. Any ideas?

Tadej

atelier
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by atelier » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:00 pm

I'm guessing you didn't install the SMF package fully (step 1). It's confusing to install but if you try it again with the recommendations below hopefully that will alleviate your problem.

First, login to SMF directly without going through Mambo and uninstall the package. Then reinstall (upload) the package but note that after this you need to initialize the package. If I remember there are two steps for this. Carefully read what is displayed on your screen and you should be fine.

Hope this helps.

tadei
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tadei » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:08 pm

Hmm, yea. Well I followed step by step instructions and did everything what it instructed. No worries about that :) But the fact is that smf bridge is still not working.

When I click on login button of forum button the page starts to load and that's it. No progress. If I would leave the computer for a day it would still be loading.

And another thing - smf bridge requires template.html editing. And after I did that the polls stopped showing themselves on frontend. At first I thought that the problem is with mambo default polls, but when I installed pollsXT the problem remains. The title is shown on the page but the actual poll is not.

My god, am I annoying. :)

Tadej

Orstio
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Orstio » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:21 pm

Do you have a URL that I can see?  If you do not want it public, feel free to PM it to me.
"Freedom is not merely the opportunity to do as one pleases; neither is it merely the opportunity to choose between set alternatives. Freedom is, first of all, the chance to formulate the available choices, to argue over them -- and then, the opportunity to choose." - C. Wright Mills

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”