New to Joomla or Mambo and I'm stuck allready on the smf bridge

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
zigzag
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

New to Joomla or Mambo and I'm stuck allready on the smf bridge

Post by zigzag » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:15 pm

Hello :)

I'm trying (hopelessly) to install the SMF Bridge. I have SMF 1.05 and Jumla 1 and MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3[1].19a_stable
I've got so far (slowly) I'm now stuck on this bit, error message:
Warning: main(/SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lostinfr/public_html/templates/madeyourweb/index.php on line 34

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/lostinfr/public_html/templates/madeyourweb/index.php on line 34
In the destructions on Step 4 it says:
The absolute path set in the SMF-Forum Component is not correct. Enter your SMF admin panel, click Edit Server Settings and copy the path you'll find under SMF Directory.
So I've gone back to Step 2
Step 2 - Installing the SMF-Forum Component in Mambo

Install com_smf.zip as a Mambo component, and change the values in the configuration via the Mambo backend.
Please use the absolute path. There is a lot of confusion surrounding relative paths. You are best to use the absolute path.
If somehow your absolute path is not detected correctly, enter your SMF admin panel, click Edit Server Settings and copy the path you'll find under SMF Directory.
I don't know what it means by change the values in the configuration via the mambo back end ??? Could someone explain (simply) what I need to do (I don't understand code)  :'(
Last edited by stingrey on Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

fulltilt
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: New to Joomla or Mambo and I'm stuck allready on the smf bridge

Post by fulltilt » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:40 am

It means via the Administrator area.

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”