SMF Skins + Bridge > fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_init()

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
ma74
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

SMF Skins + Bridge > fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_init()

Post by ma74 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:36 pm

Hi there,

i got this problem:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_init() (previously declared in /var/home/............/smf_board/Themes/index.template.php in line 30

the template init funktion
function template_init()
{ global $context, $settings, $options, $txt;
etc........

My Config:
CBE-Beta1-1/2 0.6234pk
Joomla 1.0.10
SMF Forum 1.1 RC2
SMF Bridge 1.1.4.2.

The bridge basically works well. But the problem occurs when somone was logged in and was using any other skin in the SMF Forum than the default skin. When logged out he gets redirected to the portal and when one wants to go back to the forum being logged out this error occurs, because the SMF Forum would like to present the default skin for guests, but the browser somehow still searches for the last template variable and produces this error.

Couldnt find anything suitable for this problem yet, so I hope some of you might be able to drop a hint for me

Cheers
Matthias

ashik
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: SMF Skins + Bridge > fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_init()

Post by ashik » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:48 am

Any work around or resolution to this problem? I got this error when I am trying to use the forum from Joomla after installing new joomla template.

Livebox
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: SMF Skins + Bridge > fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_init()

Post by Livebox » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:02 pm

this is an old topic. And this topic is also about an old release off the Bridge -->SMF Bridge 1.1.4.2.

So please give your version information. Or check if you are running the 2.0.2 version off the Joomlahacks Bridge. or when you use Ortio bridge 1.1.7
Joomlabridge.org Joomla! and Mambo Bridge Support and Downloads. and Video Tutorials

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”