Very poor translation on JoomlaCode

dyfrig
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Very poor translation on JoomlaCode

Post by dyfrig » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Someone called Kieran Kelly who seems to be associated with a commercial company called Cefnllys has published a Joomla 2.5.6 translation on Joomlacode. It is a very poor translation. I would suspect widespread use of Google Translate or similar. I would strongly recommend that people avoid using that translation and use the Powys County Council translation mentioned in this Forum. This translation is very good ( I have no connection with it).

How can we ensure that it's the Powys translation that's available on JoomlaCode rather than the other one?

Mae cyfieithiad Cefnllys yn haeddu bod yng Ngolofn Sgymraeg Golwg!

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Very poor translation on JoomlaCode

Post by infograf768 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:54 pm

I received a pm from http://forum.joomla.org/memberlist.php? ... e&u=656660 and replied, asking him to contact Kieran and collaborate.

Thanks
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

dyfrig
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Very poor translation on JoomlaCode

Post by dyfrig » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks. I hope that they can sort that out. I have been testing the translation from Powys and should be sending Sion my comments within the next couple of weeks. With regards to the Cefnllys version its good to see learners/less fluent users of the language making an effort and have no wish to discourage them however the 'approved' translation needs to be good quality or people using it will be ridiculed.

Return to “Welsh Forum”