public SVN-access asks for login when accessed directly not through project home

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.
de
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

public SVN-access asks for login when accessed directly not through project home

Post by de » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:35 am

Hi,

(hope that was not posted before...)

Someone told me before he had to login to access the SVN and I said no, I cannot see that to be true... today I saw...
If you go directly to:
http://forge.joomla.org/integration/vie ... m=exsy1002

It asked me to login... however, when I first load the project home: http://developer.joomla.org/sf/sfmain/d ... ended_menu
it later does not ask to login even if I use the same link as above (and do not login of course).

Greetings...
Daniel

havanna
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: public SVN-access asks for login when accessed directly not through project

Post by havanna » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:33 pm

The forge login session is hold in cookies. So the second visit may continue the session. Even the cookie is deleted, you may see the same content loaded from your browser cache. Start a new browser, inspect your cookies, click the link and force a browser reload from server.

de
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by de » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:59 pm

Thanks for the comments... the thing is... I want people to be able to access it directly (because sometimes I give them the link to not have them to go through the source tree)... and I do not see any reason having to visit the project home page first.

I am quite sure (just thinking, not proved) that technically on the project home page a guest session is started which is required on that particular SVN page (instead of treating a user without such session/cookie as a guest in the same way (and starting a guest session there if required)).

havanna
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by havanna » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:51 pm

You're right. A session must be present. A guest session is created when you visit the project home page and then navigate to the source tree. I think, no way to circumvent.

Return to “Joomla Forge - Archived”