Error with TortoiseSVN Commit Action

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.
enzo
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Error with TortoiseSVN Commit Action

Post by enzo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:08 pm

I just got this issue for the firs time i'm using svn for translating, and now this error shows up and i tried for like few times to commit the modified file to the project but not in able because of this error shows up, and i dont know how to deal with it... Can anyone help?

Modified: Desktop\Bosanski\administrator\language\bs-BA\bs-BA.com_users.ini 
Sending content: Desktop\Bosanski\administrator\language\bs-BA\bs-BA.com_users.ini 
Error: Commit failed (details follow): 
Error: MERGE request failed on '/svn/repos/bosnian/administrator/language/bs-BA' 
Error: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output: 
Error: exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc5 in position 28: ordinal not in range(128) 

Edit: Yesterday I have translated whole frontend and, i havent get any problems with mergeing the files, the same way as i'm now trying to do with this file...
Last edited by enzo on Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friesengeist
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Error with TortoiseSVN Commit Action

Post by friesengeist » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:35 pm

enzo wrote: Error: MERGE request failed on '/svn/repos/bosnian/administrator/language/bs-BA' 
Error: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output: 
Error: exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc5 in position 28: ordinal not in range(128) 
Two things I can think of:
1. Have you done an "Update" before you tried to commit? Maybe there were changes to the repository by someone else, which could not automatically be merged.
2. Maybe you have some UTF-8 chars in your commit message? They should work fine, but I've seen another report about this.
We may not be able to control the wind, but we can always adjust our sails

enzo
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Error with TortoiseSVN Commit Action

Post by enzo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:24 pm

Thank you very very much indeed, the last thing i could ever think about was that i typed utf-8 character into the commit message... huh. And i was like trying few times but always would choose the same commit message from the history :( anyway it worked ok with former version of the TortoiseSVN i guess...

THANKS AGAIN

Return to “Joomla Forge - Archived”