Error: "svn: MKACTIVITY .... 400 Bad Request" - suggested solution

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.
Locked
User avatar
Chris Davenport
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace
Posts: 1370
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:57 am
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, United Kingdom

Error: "svn: MKACTIVITY .... 400 Bad Request" - suggested solution

Post by Chris Davenport » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:09 pm

Hi All,

I just experienced this error after I set up a new SVN client installation:
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MKACTIVITY of '/svn/repos/joomla/!svn/act/20b34b89-e624-0410-bfb9-b7cf8f28e335': 400 Bad Request (http://scm.joomla.org)
I know others have experienced it too, but I could not find a solution on these fora.  I did some digging and eventually found that it was due to the presence of a proxy server, in my case Squid.  I adjusted Squid's configuration by adding "REPORT MERGE MKACTIVITY CHECKOUT" to "extension_methods" and all was well again!

Reference: http://www.wlug.org.nz/SquidNotes

Hope this helps someone else facing the same (unfriendly) error message.

Regards,
Chris.
Chris Davenport

Davenport Technology Services http://www.davenporttechnology.com/
Lion Coppice http://www.lioncoppice.org/

Locked

Return to “Joomla Forge - Archived”