Promblems downloading Joomlaboard

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.
Fyken
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Promblems downloading Joomlaboard

Post by Fyken » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:21 am

When I click "Download" Joomlaboard on this page , i get e new window with the long and promising URL http://forge.joomla.org/sf/frs/do/viewR ... 1_x_branch. But nothing happens. Now files are being downloaded, no message shown, no nothing, just a white static page. What to do?

brad
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Promblems downloading Joomlaboard

Post by brad » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 am

Fyken
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Fyken » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:22 am

Ok, but that is not the joomlaboard, is it?

Troll
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Troll » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi Fyken

If you read the other topics here, you'll see that the forge is more normal down than up for the last couple of months which is extremely frustrating and bad advertising for Joomla.

Here is the latest version of Joomlaboard on RapidShare (small file so non members should not have problems downloading)

http://rapidshare.com/files/20008263/jo ... tional.tgz

And for those who says; "don't trust any files except the ones you download from the forge". This is an unaltered file from the forge which I was luckily able do download a week or two ago  :o

Fyken
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Fyken » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Excellent! Tanks alot!

rtwd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rtwd » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:12 am

I do not have the ability to download a .tgz file.  Is there a .zip version out there somewhere?  I downloaded the trial version of WinZip in the hopes it would be able to extract it, but it just extracts a nondescript file (no file extension) that my computer can't read.  If I try to access it with Notepad or Wordpad, the file contains a bunch of computer language (squares and numbers) with HTML in between.  Is this what I'm supposed to get when I unzip it?

Can someone please help me with this?!!  I appreciate any help anyone can give me!  Thanks!

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:21 am

Download and install 7-zip. It's a freeware tool as well.

rtwd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rtwd » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:56 pm

Thanks Tonie - I downloaded the 7-zip and used it to "extract" the tzg file and got exactly the same result as with WinZip...  I'm getting a file titled xarchiver-60go3g  What's going on?  And why can't I get the file to extract properly?  I'm assuming this is *not* what I'm supposed to get when I extract the file, correct? 

brad
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brad » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:12 am

Have you contacted the Joomlaboard developers about this?

Peter Clements
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Peter Clements » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:11 pm

rtwd wrote: Thanks Tonie - I downloaded the 7-zip and used it to "extract" the tzg file and got exactly the same result as with WinZip...  I'm getting a file titled xarchiver-60go3g  What's going on?  And why can't I get the file to extract properly?  I'm assuming this is *not* what I'm supposed to get when I extract the file, correct? 
Why do you need to extract it?  If you upload it 'as is' through the Joomla! Administrator then you should have no problem installing it.

A late response I know, I hope you have sorted it by now! :)

EDIT: Also I've just tried 7-Zip myself as I have it installed on here.  Right clicking on the file (from within 7-Zip after you've browsed to the archive) and selecting "Open" or "Open Inside" will get you inside it.
Last edited by Peter Clements on Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Joomla Forge - Archived”