In response to the Forge Downtime (and emails)

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.
spignataro
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

In response to the Forge Downtime (and emails)

Post by spignataro » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:16 am

To clear things up on the forums so that others don't get confused and so forth.

The forge, a service kindly provided by VA to the Joomla! community, is currently have unexpected issues - although most of us have seen it for a while. These issues are being worked on by many hard working volunteers (providers of mirrors, those working on the forge related issues, etc). Those that are taking this as an opportunity to utilize the forges issues to show or share with the world that Joomla! has a weakness should not be. You comments are well taken and the issues are known - but I have been emailed a few times (though not a moderator anymore) and figure it would be best to address this that the issues (as far as I know) are being investigated.

If you have questions about the issues - please post in the proper forum areas. But if you have nothing good to say then please don't say it all as we are not hear to already know what we already know - the forge has issues - they are being worked on. So please don't send me any more emails about - WHY is the forge not working. Or Joomla! sucks because of the forge doesn't work. Cause there are better things to moan and groan about.

Thanks for your time and back to your regularly scheduled program.  :pop

O and Joomla! on!
Last edited by spignataro on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steven Pignataro
-- http://www.corephp.com

bpsullivan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: In response to the Forge Downtime (and emails)

Post by bpsullivan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:11 pm

well said. Thanks to you and everyone working to resolve the issue. Thanks to the many Joomla community members who have been sharing d/l's with the rest of us from the forge while the issue is being resolved.
Joomla! websites and white-label development services - http://terracemedia.com
Follow me on Twitter @TerraceMedia

Return to “Joomla Forge - Archived”